Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Beach & Cliffs North of Gualala
Lens: HD Pentax-D FA 28-105 Camera: K-1 ii Photo Location: North Coast California ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: angkymac, 12-22-2022, 07:04 PM

My wife, and our daughters, and their daughters, have a long-standing tradition that makes no sense to me.
We spend a whole week after Christmas hanging out at one of the sister's house and the three of them cook all day long.
That part I like, but don't understand why they like it.

The other part that really does confuse me, is that, when not cooking, they take over the dining table--for a full week--to put together a huge puzzle (so we all have to find our own eating places after the Christmas meal).
All week long obsessing over a puzzle!!!! (And sitting on the floor to eat--without stopping!)

So this Christmas they get to put together this huge puzzle.
I shot the picture back in September when the fog was starting to take over the North California coastal areas, but the sea was not yet wild.

I can only hope that, when the puzzle is delivered, we'll find that the puzzle-makers handled the image well...
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Views: 513
12-22-2022, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice. Did a great job of displaying the strong, but muted, colors.
12-23-2022, 06:04 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice image Angky. It has a mix of some very nice earth tones and the steel blue water. It would be a fun puzzle to put together. My wife and I used to like puzzles, but we haven't put one together in several years.
12-23-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The SECRET : the Joy of being together. Very nice picture. Let's hope the coming years will bring better things, my friend !

Receive my Best Regards

12-23-2022, 08:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Now that's a very nice Seascape.
12-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have a eye for composition . Nicely done .
12-23-2022, 01:35 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The detail and color are really nice.

12-23-2022, 09:15 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
My wife, and our daughters, and their daughters, have a long-standing tradition that makes no sense to me.
We spend a whole week after Christmas hanging out at one of the sister's house and the three of them cook all day long.
That part I like, but don't understand why they like it.

The other part that really does confuse me, is that, when not cooking, they take over the dining table--for a full week--to put together a huge puzzle (so we all have to find our own eating places after the Christmas meal).
All week long obsessing over a puzzle!!!! (And sitting on the floor to eat--without stopping!)

So this Christmas they get to put together this huge puzzle.
I shot the picture back in September when the fog was starting to take over the North California coastal areas, but the sea was not yet wild.

I can only hope that, when the puzzle is delivered, we'll find that the puzzle-makers handled the image well...
Angky.
A great photo, Costal pictures with rocky cliffs are nice to see and your photo is well done.
12-23-2022, 09:28 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
Nice. Did a great job of displaying the strong, but muted, colors.
Thinking a bit about those colors, I overdid them just a bit because I was ordering a puzzle from the image.
Seems like puzzles like to have a bit more intensity than other kinds of prints.
Thanks for your note!
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nice image Angky. It has a mix of some very nice earth tones and the steel blue water. It would be a fun puzzle to put together. My wife and I used to like puzzles, but we haven't put one together in several years.
Thank you, Todd.
You create such excellent images that perhaps your wife would like to get one of yours made to a puzzle and you could return to the good ol' days!
Angky

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
The SECRET : the Joy of being together. Very nice picture. Let's hope the coming years will bring better things, my friend !

Receive my Best Regards
That is an excellent wish for a hope, Richard; thank you!
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Now that's a very nice Seascape.
Thank you, EM!
I really enjoyed taking that shot--it just turned itself right into the camera.
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
You have a eye for composition . Nicely done .
Thank you for your compliment!
I very often wonder what it takes to make a good composition; your words do bring a bit of a surprise!
And I do thank you.
Angky

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
The detail and color are really nice.
That K1 does know what its duty is when it's given the job of recording detail!
And I was impressed by the earth tones that had such variety in them; I cleared a bit of haze away from them in post, and there they were!
Thanks for the note!
Angky.

---------- Post added 12-23-22 at 10:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
A great photo, Costal pictures with rocky cliffs are nice to see and your photo is well done.
Thank you!
I know that you certainly have shown some excellent sea and cliff shots in the past, so your words carry some weight!
Angky.
12-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful and entertaining backstory. Very nice shot. I personally like deep intensity of the image colors. Well done.
12-25-2022, 06:51 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Wonderful and entertaining backstory. Very nice shot. I personally like deep intensity of the image colors. Well done.
Thank you, Mike!
Glad you like the post processing on this.
The deep colors in the soil and cliff are not far off from what really was there; I just had to clear out a lot of mist and haze to see them as brightly as they were.
The ocean's color came from the polarizer I was using (if I recall correctly--but also required some de-hazing.
Angky