Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Scale Models: 2022 in review
Lens: M50 f4 Macro Camera: K200D Photo Location: Arecibo, Puerto Rico ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: ismaelg, 01-02-2023, 05:46 PM

Hello,

As some of you know, I've been building scale models since I was kid. But in recent years, camera restorations have taken over the workbench.
No contest this year. Cameras won to the tune of 36 cameras to only 3 scale models. (You can check my camera restoration Year-in-review here: My 2022 in review: 36 cameras, 13 rolls of film and a lot more! - PentaxForums.com )

When working on scale models I get to combine my 2 hobbies: scale modeling itself plus realistic photography.

Here are my only 3 scale models made this year. All pictures with K200D and M50f4 macro lens

1. My best of the year and only plastic model car was the 1949 Talbot Lago T26C Belgian Grand Prix winner. Started with the old Merit/Smer kit but ended up scratchbuilding most of it.

and the picture that spoils it into perpective

You can find the build progress thread with more details and tons of pictures here:https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/2525/finished-talbot-belgian-grand-winner

2. The other race car was replicating the Corvette C6R chassis 001 as tested in Sebring on January 8 2005
Started with a beaten Hot Wheels in1/64 scale

and the picture that spoils it

You can find the build progress thread with more details and tons of pictures here:https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/2884/finished-quick-build-corvette-c6r

3. Finally a totally different subject. A STAR WARS B Wing Fighter with some serious firepower.
Started with a vintage built MPC snap kit that was broken and incomplete.

Gotta have fun with Photoshop

and...

You can find the build progress thread with more details and tons of pictures here:https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/2947/finished-star-wars-wing-starfighter

I hope you like them.
Wishing everybody a happy and healthy 2023!

Thanks,
Ismael
Views: 372
01-02-2023, 09:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Awesome!