Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Morning Sky
Lens: Penax M 1.7 50mm Camera: K-S2 Photo Location: Raleigh County, W.V., U.S. ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/80s 
Posted By: Michael Piziak, 01-12-2023, 10:20 PM

Sometimes you just can't grab your camera quick enough.
As the sky was "prettier" just 15 seconds before I snapped this one. Smiles.
I had NR turned off in camera, but I've decided to turn it back on for future shots. So in Gimp, I "despeckled" this one.

Views: 409
01-13-2023, 06:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Terrific colors and cloud patterns. The colors can fade away quickly, but you were still on time to capture some very nice reds and pinks.
01-13-2023, 06:46 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lots of times you have to take the shot when you see it or it's gone forever. This a time where the early morning sun lit the sky with beautiful colors. Great catch. Good to have that camera handy.
01-13-2023, 06:54 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice light and nice picture.

Piece of Advice : My oldest Pentax lens is an "A 50 mm f/1.7" and I also recently bought an FA 50 mm f/1.7 autofocus lens. These models are more recent, have better coatings, have not yet begun to deteriorate due to fungus, hazing or decementing. They all share the same Gauss optical layout and are all very sharp. You can get a perfect FA copy for 100 $ on eBay from Japan. Give it a try.

Best Regards

01-13-2023, 06:55 PM   #5
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Terrific colors and cloud patterns. The colors can fade away quickly, but you were still on time to capture some very nice reds and pinks.
Thanks so much on the kind comments & yes, I learned too, the colors can fade away quickly - barely enough time to pick which lens one wanted to use!

---------- Post added 01-13-23 at 06:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Lots of times you have to take the shot when you see it or it's gone forever. This a time where the early morning sun lit the sky with beautiful colors. Great catch. Good to have that camera handy.
Much thanks MikeNArk for the compliments!

---------- Post added 01-13-23 at 06:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Nice light and nice picture.

Piece of Advice : My oldest Pentax lens is an "A 50 mm f/1.7" and I also recently bought an FA 50 mm f/1.7 autofocus lens. These models are more recent, have better coatings, have not yet begun to deteriorate due to fungus, hazing or decementing. They all share the same Gauss optical layout and are all very sharp. You can get a perfect FA copy for 100 $ on eBay from Japan. Give it a try.

Best Regards
I may do that one day my friend.
Thanks!