Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Enjoying the snow
Posted By: mtnbearhug, 12-28-2008, 04:40 PM

we went out and about the other day... thought I would share some of the sites!!! Enjoy and Happy New year!!

We went up past where I live and this is looking back down towards town..

This field of geese was kind of interesting...

There were so many pheasant around it was amazing!!

I tried to crop this one flying but its still a blurry.

Happy New Year.. Kim
Views: 2,265
12-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Kim, number two is really cool (in more ways than one) - I hope your feet didn't get too cold when you were shooting these.

Jer (currently shivering after a cold front that left us a high of only 53F)
12-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

great shots and wonderful location as usual. Birds are just fattening up.
12-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I agree with sailor, I really like #2 great comp and exposure more important I like the mood. I can hear the quite field with nothing but a few honks. Nice work

12-28-2008, 08:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Kim,
Is it my imagination or are the geese on the ground in No 2 still in a Vee formation?

Thanks for sharing your day, I could post some shots from over here, but the sun, sand and bikinis might not be fair on those in cooler climates.

Cheers.
12-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I can't say I've ever seen an image of a pheasant in flight Kim. It looks mighty chilly where you are. Thank you for sharing these here. I can enjoy the views right from the comfort of my warm chair.
12-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Love the lines in #2. Nice shot. We are planning on visiting Idaho next summer so save some shots for me!
12-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Glad you enjoyed them!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Kim, number two is really cool (in more ways than one) - I hope your feet didn't get too cold when you were shooting these. Jer (currently shivering after a cold front that left us a high of only 53F)
I would love a high of 53 Jer!!! although it has warmed up now and highs are in the 40's with Rain.. so no more snow.. Glad you liked #2.. it is a shot that is definately growing on me..

QuoteOriginally posted by weatherwise2 Quote
great shots and wonderful location as usual. Birds are just fattening up.
Yes they are weatherwise.. on private property.. safely.. fattening up.. lol.. my boyfriend wanted to scare them off so he could bring home dinner!!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I agree with sailor, I really like #2 great comp and exposure more important I like the mood. I can hear the quite field with nothing but a few honks. Nice work
Glad you enjoyed it Pat... I never thought of the "mood" but it does give that kind of feel... thanks!!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
Hi Kim, Is it my imagination or are the geese on the ground in No 2 still in a Vee formation?

Thanks for sharing your day, I could post some shots from over here, but the sun, sand and bikinis might not be fair on those in cooler climates. Cheers.
Thanks Grant.. I am glad you liked them. I dont think it is your imagination.. after looking at it does appear they are kind of in the "v" shape...

Thanks for rubbing in the sand and bikini's.. Gee Wizz.... must be nice to have warm sun.. .but I wouldnt' trade the wonderful winters we have...

QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
I can't say I've ever seen an image of a pheasant in flight Kim. It looks mighty chilly where you are. Thank you for sharing these here. I can enjoy the views right from the comfort of my warm chair.

Hey LaRee!!! It was hard to get it to come out clear... This was the best out of about 10 that I took. The challenge is on!!!! LOL. Glad you enjoyed them... more to come soon!!!

12-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Give me a call..

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Love the lines in #2. Nice shot. We are planning on visiting Idaho next summer so save some shots for me!
Hey Susan... I will surely save you some shots... What part of Idaho are you coming to? If you are coming my way through Boise area... we should try to get together I can take you around to get some "scenic shots" !!!!

Let me know... !!!

Happy New Year.. Kim
12-29-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Very nice series, Kim, thanks for sharing. I like the second image most! I envy you for the snow, we have only a few days worth of snow so far...