Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Final in this series
Posted By: Jimbo, 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM

Here is what I have left from the last two days of shooting. The second is similar the one I put up earlier without the foreground boat. The B&W is a conversion of a earlier color picture and the leat is another Heron... Was around 10 feet away on the shot. cheers JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Views: 3,555
12-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These have all been great shots. I really like this version of the bridge shot (#2). Much better than the earlier one you posted. The 3rd shot is cool and I like the balance with the sun and it`s placement/reflection. Poor GBH in the snow! Nice capture!
12-29-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jimbo, these B&W versions of the two bridge shots are stellar. Nice work. Shot #2 is my fave in this set, I like the composition of #3 more, but the foreground is just a bit dark (be a good time to use subtle HDR / bracketing).
12-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Amazing series as we all know. #3 is wow!!! I would pay to hang that on my wall. Nice Work

12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
These have all been great shots. I really like this version of the bridge shot (#2). Much better than the earlier one you posted. The 3rd shot is cool and I like the balance with the sun and it`s placement/reflection. Poor GBH in the snow! Nice capture!

QuoteQuote:
Jimbo, these B&W versions of the two bridge shots are stellar. Nice work. Shot #2 is my fave in this set, I like the composition of #3 more, but the foreground is just a bit dark (be a good time to use subtle HDR / bracketing).
Thank you Josh... The third shot was a little difficult as the backgrouns was so light while the foreground was so dark. You may be right on the HDR... which I have nto tried yet. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Amazing series as we all know. #3 is wow!!! I would pay to hang that on my wall. Nice Work
Today 10:25 AM
Appreciate your comments vievetrick... JIM
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Wow!! Great shots!!

I'm pretty local to that area... so what am I doing here posting?! I better get out there and take some shots!!

I'm inspired. Fantastic shots, Jimbo.
12-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
jeffkpotter

These are the best Jimbo. Your quality and productivity are an inspiration to me.

12-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Great Heron!!

That is a great heron shot Jimbo!!! WOW!!! Im Jealous..

Nice shots all around.. I really like the first one as well!! Thanks so much for sharin!!

Happy New Year.. Kim
12-29-2008, 11:35 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice...

#2 in the new version is really the ticket Jim!

I agree with Josh - just a bit of brightening of the shadows in #3 would make it a great shot.

I cringe looking at that GBH in the snow... yikes.
12-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Great! I really like the first one!
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
These are the best Jimbo. Your quality and productivity are an inspiration to me.
Thanks Jeff. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Wow!! Great shots!!

I'm pretty local to that area... so what am I doing here posting?! I better get out there and take some shots!!

I'm inspired. Fantastic shots, Jimbo.
Thank you dugrant153... These shots are all close to Albion.... Cheers. JIM

QuoteQuote:
That is a great heron shot Jimbo!!! WOW!!! Im Jealous..

Nice shots all around.. I really like the first one as well!! Thanks so much for sharin!!

Happy New Year.. Kim
Thanks Kim... always appreciate you looking and commenting as I enjoy your photo's... JIM
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nice...

I agree with Josh - just a bit of brightening of the shadows in #3 would make it a great shot.

Thanks Marc. on the Heron / snow is it that there is so much white.. How could I approved on the shot? I find snow a touch shot to get right due to the AB finding the shot and I think I may have over exposed to try to conpensate. I believe I have another one of 3 that has a brighter foreground. Will check and post if I do. JIM
12-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Great! I really like the first one!
Thank you Georg... JIM
12-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Nice...

Thanks Marc. on the Heron / snow is it that there is so much white.. How could I approved on the shot? I find snow a touch shot to get right due to the AB finding the shot and I think I may have over exposed to try to conpensate. I believe I have another one of 3 that has a brighter foreground. Will check and post if I do. JIM
I was referring to the GBH's feet on the snow Jim! It just looks uncomfortable...

The snow is always tough - you have to overexpose snow a bit to ensure it doesn't look grey/gray. The problem is a darker subject on a mostly pure white background. That is not an easy situation!

I suspect the snow is all blown out, and cannot be rescued.

Regards,
Marc
12-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #15
Damn Brit

The first three are seriously good Jimbo.