Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tonights sunset over Conway Castle
Posted By: simonkit, 12-29-2008, 11:26 AM

It's been a while since I've taken any shots, for one reason & another...the weather been one....

Had a drive to Conway hoping for a sunset shot of the castle & managed a couple, one with foreground & one without...welcome all C&C on both

thanks

Simon

Views: 1,685
12-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful and subtle colours!
12-29-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ahhh stop it Simon! You make me want to visit Wales again!

Pat
12-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simon. Wonderful old castle and I like the shots overall!

You asked for C&C though so I will add this observation. When shooting something, like a castle (or car or tree or whatever) with something behind it like a mountain (or a building or whatever)... be careful not to align any horizontal lines. In these photos the rightmost of the tall towers is almost exactly aligned with the ridge of the mountain. Also the tower second from the left is similarly aligned with the foreground ridgeline. These are not great flaws but they are distracting and tend to draw the viewers eye to the alignments.

If possible you can raise or lower the camera to separate the elements and really improve the composition.

In this case, personally, I would have lowered the camera as far as possible as this would effectively "raise" the castle and improve it's prominence in the photo.

Conversely, raising the camera would have lowered the castle and placed more emphasis on the surrounding environment.

(the same advise goes for vertical lines and elements as well but for some reason these alignments don't seem to appear as often...)