Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
The Love of the Road (Nelson Ghost Town at night with light painting / workshop)
Lens: 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 Camera: K-1 Mk I Photo Location: Nelson Ghost Town, NV 
Posted By: Ken Lee, 02-13-2023, 03:19 PM

The Love of the Road
~~~~~
I'm an air-conditioned*gypsy. Mojave Desert, Nevada. After two long years, my night photography friends and I got together for an eight-night trip to Nevada and California. This was a 1856-mile night photography safari with Tim Little, Mike Cooper, and George Loo, and George the monkey. Illuminated during the exposure by a full moon and a handheld ProtoMachines LED2 light painting device. This photo will most likely appear in my fourth history/night photography book I'm working on now. And this photo takes places at Nelson Ghost Town, where we are having a night photography workshop. There's only one space left to join us Pentaxian/Nightaxian night photographers, though. Thank you.
~~~~~
Photos, books, workshops and more: www.kenleephotography.com
~~~~~
(Plate 5646) Pentax K-1/15-30mm f/2.8 lens. 82 seconds f/8 ISO 200. October 2021.

Views: 621
02-14-2023, 11:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Awesome!
02-14-2023, 12:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool shot! I'm sure the workshop will be great for all who attend.
02-14-2023, 06:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
Awesome!
Thanks!

---------- Post added 02-14-23 at 07:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Cool shot! I'm sure the workshop will be great for all who attend.
Thanks!

I think it's gonna be great. We have nine who signed up already, and are hoping to get that tenth person soon. We had someone back out (and not for a great reason, unfortunately, as she is getting divorced) but are feeling really good about this workshop.

The Old Car City one is going to be very special as well.

02-14-2023, 07:43 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Like the light cloudy night sky above the trailer.
Angky
02-15-2023, 09:55 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Like the light cloudy night sky above the trailer.
Angky
Thanks!
02-16-2023, 09:18 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is that your traveling rig ... Just kidding ! Another terrific picture.

I saw similar old vehicles in Bombay Beach, on the Eastern shore of the Salton Sea. Nice place to make night images too, if you find the time.

Regards

02-16-2023, 09:27 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Is that your traveling rig ... Just kidding ! Another terrific picture.

I saw similar old vehicles in Bombay Beach, on the Eastern shore of the Salton Sea. Nice place to make night images too, if you find the time.

Regards
I wish that were my traveling rig! The Night Photography Crew Traveling Rig.

I love photographing down at Salton Sea. Below are two photos from an abandoned naval base. I'll get around to posting some other ones at some point.