Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Feeling gull-ible
Lens: a400 Camera: K1m2 Photo Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO 
Posted By: Ski Jumper, 02-14-2023, 11:23 PM

Caught this yesterday with the A400. Usually about 1 out of 20 are fair - using catch in focus. This lens seems to do ok with good sunlight. Think I'll sell the old stuff and get the 150-450. Probably easier and make my time spent more worthwhile.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by Ski Jumper; 02-15-2023 at 08:14 AM.
Views: 391
02-15-2023, 11:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is a nice shot. I have not used catch in focus much so I wouldn't know what to expect, but I think it would be hard to use in action shots? I don't have the 150-450, but people that have it some nice shots. Are you having the 300mm converted to screw drive?
02-15-2023, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
That is a nice shot. I have not used catch in focus much so I wouldn't know what to expect, but I think it would be hard to use in action shots? I don't have the 150-450, but people that have it some nice shots. Are you having the 300mm converted to screw drive?
Yes it is being converted now. Although, It was working when I sent it, but it randomly quits just out of the blue or sometimes no response after not being used and mounted. Its probably done that at least a dozen times. Kind of a bummer because the body and optics are near mint. (Map in Japan purchase - they wouldn't take it back either) Think I'll buy here in the states from now on. The catch in focus is easy to use, turn focus ring with button pressed and camera fires when it hits confirmation.
02-15-2023, 07:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
However it was that you caught this bird, you (or the camera!) did an outstanding job!
Angky.

02-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
However it was that you caught this bird, you (or the camera!) did an outstanding job!
Angky.
Thanks, I live on lake of the ozarks, mo. Not on exactly (200+ steep steps down to the water lol), but gulls are plentiful, fly low and work their way up and down the banks searching. When a few start circling an area, they're usually ready to pounce on a fish. Hopefully close enough for a shot. Unfortunately for me, they're usually on the other side.