Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
An Abstract of a Bare Oak Tree In Dissipating Storm At Sunset
Lens: D FA 70-210 f:4 Camera: K-1 ii Photo Location: Sacramento Valley ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: angkymac, 02-27-2023, 02:26 PM

Sort of a melancholy evening as the heavy dark clouds obscured any light above them.
Oaks sent their massively gnarled stems and limbs up into the gloomy sky in protest against the oppressive clouds.
(Oppressive, blackly dark, oak limbs protesting an oppressive, darkly purple-gray cloud cover???)
Yet it seemed to make a small impression on the sky as some of it opened up just to show that the sun had already disappeared.
At least I had that bit of success! Got the colors of the sun and the colors of the moody sky, along with the grimly harsh bristles of the the oak twigs threatening the sky!
Angky

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2ojjpyj]_IMG8416_StormySunset&OakLimb_RiverRd_20230223[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/194322828@N02/]Angky MacLeod[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">

But, hey! that new lens did a pretty fine job--after a rain storm a couple of weeks ago had taken out my previous "WR" lens (28-105).
Views: 331
02-27-2023, 05:39 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Sort of a melancholy evening as the heavy dark clouds obscured any light above them.
Oaks sent their massively gnarled stems and limbs up into the gloomy sky in protest against the oppressive clouds.
(Oppressive, blackly dark, oak limbs protesting an oppressive, darkly purple-gray cloud cover???)
Yet it seemed to make a small impression on the sky as some of it opened up just to show that the sun had already disappeared.
At least I had that bit of success! Got the colors of the sun and the colors of the moody sky, along with the grimly harsh bristles of the the oak twigs threatening the sky!
Angky

But, hey! that new lens did a pretty fine job--after a rain storm a couple of weeks ago had taken out my previous "WR" lens (28-105).
I like the way you framed the picture and it is very sharp.
02-27-2023, 07:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good composition, great colors and excellent details. Your narrative provides a great description of the circumstances in the making of the image. Love that gnarly oak tree.
02-27-2023, 07:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
I like the way you framed the picture and it is very sharp.
Thank you!
Glad to know what you said about the framing; I struggled with that a little bit.
Angky.

---------- Post added 02-27-23 at 08:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Good composition, great colors and excellent details. Your narrative provides a great description of the circumstances in the making of the image. Love that gnarly oak tree.
Those gnarly oaks are amazing with their great, massive, long branches and huge clusters of twigs--and yet no leaves.
They sure do attract my attention; I have gobs of shots of them.
Thanks for your note on it.
Angky.