Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

My all time favorite tree.
Posted By: vievetrick, 12-29-2008, 08:20 PM

I love this tree. Always have and always will. It is in Ellington Ct. on the way to visit family in Rockville. It is in a field just off the road. I tweeked the WB and levels a bit. I never get a chance to stop and shoot it. This week Christmas actually my wife indugled me for a few minutes. I hope to get a shot when it is covered in snow someday. comments welcomed.

Views: 3,085
12-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It looks some-what like a sycamore tree with the smooth white bark however the lower branches dont usually come that close to the ground.
I also have several trees that I like to photograph when in their area. Couple of them I need to re-visit. jim

12-30-2008, 07:43 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great shot Pat, and Jim above is correct it is a Sycamore, sometimes known as a Buttonwood. When I first saw your shot I immediately thought of the Connecticut quarter. Interesting that it is in CT.
Another shot that might be very effective would be with either a fisheye or ultra wide, backlit with the shadows extending towards you. Thanks for a great shot.

NaCl(one of those weirdo tree huggers my own self!)H2O
12-30-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Jim and Salty. I am making a list of potential shots. Just need a nice Pentax 10-17 to take that shot