Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Paddle Boats, Rolling Down the River in New Orleans
Lens: Sigma 17-50 EX HSM Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: New Orleans ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 03-04-2023, 02:05 PM

My wife and I attended a Volleyball Tournament in New Orleans to watch our granddaughter's team. During off time, we had some time to do sight seeing. While walking along the Mississippi River, we saw saw two paddle boats, the Creole Queen and the City of New Orleans, which offer river cruises in the area. A few views.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 646
03-04-2023, 03:37 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series, Mike. I love New Orleans - I'd sure like to cruise down (or up) the river with cold beverage (incorporating generous portions of gin).

Jer
03-04-2023, 05:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrific shots Mike. I am with Jer. A ride on a riverboat would be great.
03-04-2023, 07:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice series, Mike. I love New Orleans - I'd sure like to cruise down (or up) the river with cold beverage (incorporating generous portions of gin).

Jer
Thanks, Jer. That all sounds great. We did not have time to ride the river boats on this trip, but we did enjoy the sights and sounds of New Orleans.

---------- Post added 03-04-23 at 08:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Terrific shots Mike. I am with Jer. A ride on a riverboat would be great.
Thanks, Todd. I kind of wished that we had time to wait for the "City of New Orleans" to leave port and to photograph it out on the river. We formerly had riverboat dinner cruises on the Arkansas river in Little Rock. I would imagine that the cruises in New Orleans would be much nicer.

03-04-2023, 10:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are certainly very ornate.
03-05-2023, 08:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
They are certainly very ornate.
Thank you. Ornate is a nice description of their style. It looks like they draw plenty of passengers for the river cruise.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 03-05-2023 at 08:22 AM.
03-05-2023, 03:00 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What an amazing series of real Americana. Nothing quite as moving as being on and viewing these Sternwheelers in the greatest city in the world, New Orleans. Many thanks for sharing.

Tonytee.

03-05-2023, 03:59 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
What an amazing series of real Americana. Nothing quite as moving as being on and viewing these Sternwheelers in the greatest city in the world, New Orleans. Many thanks for sharing.

Tonytee.
Thanks, Tony. Its definitely a unique place. We visited the French Quarter at night and in daylight. We now prefer the daytime visit to view the buildings. It's had been years since we had visited New Orleans. We made a trip to the Cafe du Monde for coffee and beignets, one morning.