Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Why oh Why
Lens: Sigma APO Macro 24 - 70mm lens Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Perth Western Australia 
Posted By: eaglem, 03-12-2023, 03:27 PM

did Ford decide to use this colour for their Mach 1 mustangs?

Views: 551
03-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because all the manufacturers are painting their new cars in some shade of non-metallic gray. Some lighter, some darker, some almost beige-ish, but all of them are doing it.
03-12-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why oh why did this buyer select the color. Asking might reveal the answer (of course it may have been the only Mustang on the lot).😊
03-12-2023, 05:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Because all the manufacturers are painting their new cars in some shade of non-metallic gray. Some lighter, some darker, some almost beige-ish, but all of them are doing it.
I think they've lost the Plot

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 08:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Why oh why did this buyer select the color. Asking might reveal the answer (of course it may have been the only Mustang on the lot).😊
It's the only colour the Mach 1 comes in so the buyer had no choice

03-12-2023, 06:05 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I think they've lost the Plot

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 08:41 AM ----------

I'll have to agree that is worse than I envisioned.🤔
03-13-2023, 12:31 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I think it's for Farmers. Don't you love a bit of Massey Ferguson Engine Grey.
03-13-2023, 01:13 AM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

hy oh Why
Because they could. (And I would be prepared to put up with it, if I could ever drive again.)

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 06:18 PM ----------

So the rego should bot be "MY MACH1". It should be "ANYBODY'S MACH1" - too many letters for the plate but you can't have everything.

03-13-2023, 01:46 AM   #8
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Why

Mmmmm

Ah so the miners don't hurt their eyes when they get home after their shifts underground.
03-13-2023, 01:55 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
I think it's for Farmers. Don't you love a bit of Massey Ferguson Engine Grey.
And yet it doesn't sound like a Tractor

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 04:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Because they could. (And I would be prepared to put up with it, if I could ever drive again.)

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 06:18 PM ----------

So the rego should bot be "MY MACH1". It should be "ANYBODY'S MACH1" - too many letters for the plate but you can't have everything.
You shoud see some of the plates at the Club

---------- Post added 03-13-23 at 04:57 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Why

Mmmmm

Ah so the miners don't hurt their eyes when they get home after their shifts underground.
Well that seems feasable
03-13-2023, 05:47 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think I'll do my motorcycle like that so that it can look like the big guys!
Angky
03-14-2023, 07:51 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
I think I'll do my motorcycle like that so that it can look like the big guys!
Angky
Then it will blend in with the group
03-14-2023, 04:51 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

'Twas ever thus.

In 2015, Porsche introduced the optional color Chalk (a non-metallic, light gray) for the 2016 911 and a couple of other models. A few years later, I noticed other manufacturers venturing into the world of non-metallic gray and offering various shades. No surprise, and I find these new colors refreshing. In fact, I put my money where my mouth is by buying my 2021 911 Carrera in Chalk a couple of years ago.

Auto colors (and other features) come in waves. I remember (and often owned) cars with "earth tones" like burnt orange, bronze, and various shades of green and brown back in the late '60s, the '70s and early '80s.

Over the last several years, the dominant colors have been white, silver metallic, medium-to-dark gray metallic and black, with white and black occasionally produced as metallics (like my wife's BMW X3). I think we're now breaking away from the "big four" and venturing into new territory. I notice Porsche is offering a bigger variety of colors with more nonmetallic than metallic. Another anecdotal example is my green (definitely metallic) 2022 Bimmer - the first green car I've owned since I drove a Mach 1 back in 1969.

The times they are achangin'.

Jer
03-14-2023, 05:08 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
'Twas ever thus.

Jer
Indeed... I remember your describing "chalk" as the paint color of your car a few years ago. What I don't remember is a lot of non-metallic grays until very recently, maybe a year? Anyhow, suddenly they're everywhere. Cars, SUVs, even pickups. Every manufacturer. Must be the new fad, no more pearl...

03-14-2023, 06:13 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Latest fad here too. Lots of new grey cars. Kia, Mercedes, Ford, etc.
This while everyone is painting their houses black. Complete with black toilets, black baths, black appliances and black towel rails, door handles, etc.
03-14-2023, 07:20 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
'Twas ever thus.

In 2015, Porsche introduced the optional color Chalk (a non-metallic, light gray) for the 2016 911 and a couple of other models. A few years later, I noticed other manufacturers venturing into the world of non-metallic gray and offering various shades. No surprise, and I find these new colors refreshing. In fact, I put my money where my mouth is by buying my 2021 911 Carrera in Chalk a couple of years ago.

Auto colors (and other features) come in waves. I remember (and often owned) cars with "earth tones" like burnt orange, bronze, and various shades of green and brown back in the late '60s, the '70s and early '80s.

Over the last several years, the dominant colors have been white, silver metallic, medium-to-dark gray metallic and black, with white and black occasionally produced as metallics (like my wife's BMW X3). I think we're now breaking away from the "big four" and venturing into new territory. I notice Porsche is offering a bigger variety of colors with more nonmetallic than metallic. Another anecdotal example is my green (definitely metallic) 2022 Bimmer - the first green car I've owned since I drove a Mach 1 back in 1969.

Jer
Thanks for the info Jer

---------- Post added 03-15-23 at 10:21 AM ----------

Indeed... I remember your describing "chalk" as the paint color of your car a few years ago. What I don't remember is a lot of non-metallic grays until very recently, maybe a year? Anyhow, suddenly they're everywhere. Cars, SUVs, even pickups. Every manufacturer. Must be the new fad, no more pearl...

Sounds like designers have lost their imagination

---------- Post added 03-15-23 at 10:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Latest fad here too. Lots of new grey cars. Kia, Mercedes, Ford, etc.
This while everyone is painting their houses black. Complete with black toilets, black baths, black appliances and black towel rails, door handles, etc.
Are they all in mourning in NZ Mark? Or are they showing their support for the All Blacks