Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Black & White Pictures and Huge Favor
Posted By: jbrowning, 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM

Well before Thanksgiving I found a roll of film that I had shot at sometime somewhere. Guess what I found. These were all taken with a Pentax ZX-5 and Kodak T-Max film.

And I think this is my favorite. I like the angle they are all settiing in.

These were all taken on Labor Day this year 2008. Next year I need to remember to take me a red filter and a blue or green filter to give the shots a little bit of a color tint to them.

Also if you a reading fhis far down the post. Is there anybody here that would want to show me how to develop black and white film. I'm not wanting to print the negative. I will be getting a film scanner. So I'm thinking I won't really need to do a darkroom just a changing bag will do me. I took a year of black and white photography in High School but I don't remember the steps of developing film and I learn alot better watching someone or having someone watch me and tell me what I'm doing wrong. So if anyone out there wouldn't mind showing me how to develop some black and white film I will take you up on it. I will get everything I need to do this, all I am needing is your wisdom. And I will drive to where you are to do this. Of course this would only apply to anyone in the Colorado area.

Thanks
Jim
Views: 1,155
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jim,

Drive to you local library and check out a book like "The Photographer's Handbook" by John Hedgecoe. There are step-by-step instructions. If you want to know the technical stuff behind developing your own film then check out "The Amatuer Photographer's Handbook" by Sussman.

I have always used Kodak D-76 developer for film and I know it is still readily available at camera stores. If I was in Colorado you would be welcome, but it is a bit of a drive to NE Florida.

Good luck and have fun.

Ray
12-31-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice find Jim - I agree on the last one.