Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
From 2019 : Sunrise over Lake Elsinore, CALIFORNIA. K1 + DFA 28-105 mm HD
Lens: DFA 28-105 mm HD Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: California ISO: 125 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 03-23-2023, 08:21 AM

After spending the night in "El Cariso" campground, located on the Ortega Highway (Rte 74) facing a Cleveland Forest Fire Station, I was descending towards Lake Elsinore to eat breakfast. I saw this marvelous sunrise scene just before leaving Route 74. Pentax K1 + DFA 28-105 mm HD @ f/9 and 68 mm FL

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 256
03-23-2023, 09:52 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pretty shot. I like cloud reflections on the lake's surface at sunrise.
03-23-2023, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lake Elsinore!
Very sharp memory brought up by your image.
My youngest daughter and I took a road trip trying to find a decent fishing spot in those areas of California. We found none until we finally ended up on that lake. We went into the cafe for breakfast where they told us it wasn't worth trying to catch anything lately.
When we left the cafe, after a "good breakfast" of ham, eggs, and pancakes, my high-school daughter intensely informed me, "Dad! That was the worst possible thing you could have done to your body!"
I got a great laugh out of her intensity (like me) in trying to protect my heath (like her mom). But then a few years later, I ended up under the surgeon's knife to re-route some arteries around the heart. She spoke correctly!
But we had a great day of it after leaving the dead lake; we drove on to Mt. Palomar and got amazed by what we saw there.
Good shot you got of the lake--much better than the one i would have taken that day!
Angky
03-23-2023, 01:28 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

Wow, what a compelling story.

I started exploring Southern California in 1978 and I traveled almost everywhere south of Interstate-10 towards the Mexican border. Best places ever : Lake Elsinore, Lake Perris, Anza-Borrego, Julian, Hemet, Mount Palomar, Sunset Cliffs, Point Loma, etc. You could spend a lifetime exploring the southern tier of California.

Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 03-23-2023 at 02:58 PM.