Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Have Exact Fare Ready (night photo with light painting/fisheye of bus interior)
Lens: Rokinon 12mm f/2.8 ISO: 200 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Ken Lee, 04-13-2023, 06:49 PM

Have Exact Fare Ready
~~~~~
I had the opportunity to capture a truly unique image during the Notorious RGB 1165-mile photography safari with my friends Mike Cooper, George Loo, and George the monkey. It was an eerie and mysterious scene - a vintage bus with a sign that read "Have exact fare ready", which I illuminated by a brilliant red and white light from my handheld flashlight during a long exposure night photo. The interior of the bus was a maze of shadows and light, with the sign serving as a haunting reminder of the bus's past life. It almost felt like I was entering "The Twilight Zone", with the bus serving as a portal to another time and place. Although abandoned and dilapidated, the brilliant red and white light inside the vintage 1935 Yellow Coach city bus brings out some intricate details of the interior with the night sky ever-present. I love the whole experience of night photography. Absolutely magical.
~~~~~
For photos, books, workshops and more...
Views: 449
04-14-2023, 04:54 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very cool shot Ken! The fish-eye effect brought in so much interesting detail as well as all of that great red lighting on the roof.
04-20-2023, 06:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very cool shot Ken! The fish-eye effect brought in so much interesting detail as well as all of that great red lighting on the roof.
Thanks! The fisheye just felt right for this one.
04-21-2023, 06:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The fisheye lens did give you a broad view mood the interior. That's one old rusty bus. Nice lighting and shot.

04-23-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The fisheye lens did give you a broad view mood the interior. That's one old rusty bus. Nice lighting and shot.
Yeah, that thing is supremely rusty. I had a friend almost fall through the floor of an old bus that we were photographing at a bus graveyard, so I am really wary of even going inside these.