Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  
The Curious Cobalt Kaleidoscope (Model T night photo with light painting)
Posted By: Ken Lee, 04-19-2023, 08:20 AM

The Curious Cobalt Kaleidoscope
~~~~~
I'm happy to share this image from one of my night photography desert safaris! This is a vintage 1924-25 Ford Model T automobile that I discovered on my travels. I love the way the clouds frame the grille. I used a handheld light to illuminate the car and enhance its mystique during this long exposure photo. Warm white light and a couple of bursts of blue light on the headlight gives it an extra touch of intrigue and mystery. I hope you like it, thanks.
~~~~~
For photos, books, workshops and more: (including vintage vehicles)
~~~~~
(Plate 9477) Pentax K-1/15-30mm f/2.8 lens. 2 minute exposure.
Views: 528
04-24-2023, 05:10 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shot Ken! The blue colored lights are so cool.

04-24-2023, 06:49 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great shot Ken! The blue colored lights are so cool.
Thanks, Todd!

---------- Post added 04-24-23 at 06:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Hello Ken,

I don't know exactly, maybe the diaphragm is quite closed or we use the sharpest aperture, we focus carefully plus the tripod helps increase or maintain overall sharpness. Anyway, your pictures are VERY SHARP and they are a delight to peruse over.

Regards
Interesting. Well, certainly the tripod helps immensely.

I do try to make sure that my photos are in focus, not always the easiest thing to do at night.

---------- Post added 04-24-23 at 06:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Beautiful image Ken. Thanks for sharing it.
You are most welcome, thanks for the encouragement.

---------- Post added 04-24-23 at 06:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
He told me that it had a hole in the gas tank and when he took it out for a drive, he would chew gum, place the gum on the hole in the tank, and start chewing some more gum, as the gum would only last about 15 minutes before it wouldn't plug the hole anymore.

He was 16, and this was 1936 during the depression, when he had the T. He traded it in on a '31 Chevy with wooden military wheels...they were a style of wheel, not actual military wheels. He traded the Chevy in on a '34 Nash, then traded that in, on a '41 Mercury convertible, after the war. He was a car guy.
I guess he went through a lot of chewing gum!!

Those are some pretty great cars!