Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Dallas, Texas
Lens: Sigma 17-50 EX HSM Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Dallas, Texas ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 04-19-2023, 08:22 PM

My wife and I attended another Volleyball Tournament to watch our Granddaughter compete. This time in Dallas, Texas. Dallas is busy city and not to amenable to walking around or touring by car. The pace always seems to be hectic. I took most of the photos from a viewing area atop the 30 story Renaissance Hotel and a few others outside the convention center where the tournament was held. I listed the Sigma 17-50 as the lens used but also used the 55-300 PLM. Some views.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 392
04-20-2023, 02:30 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very depictive shots of that place!
I lived for a time in Dallas, and visited frequently for business and also for a close friend who practices there.
I have learned to avoid the place if at all possible--as I also avoid San Francisco, though both places attract a lot of cameras.
You got some really good shots of the place.
Glad you were able to get those in spite of the frenetic pace of the place!
Angky
04-20-2023, 02:34 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love your set of pictures.

When I drove on the highway south of the city in 2017, I never dared stop and tour the town (I remember seeing the metallic tower though). I prefer natural areas like National or State Parks and I "flee" big agglomerations.

Best Regards
04-20-2023, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The metallic tower is called Reunion Tower with a revolving restaurant. Nice shooting. I used to live midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth, and also tried to avoid both if i could! But there are also nice lakes, parks and woods in the surrounding areas, and that's where most of my photos were taken.

04-20-2023, 03:05 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photos! I grew up outside of Dallas, TX. The only things I still recognize are Reunion Tower and the Pegasus on the Mobil building! Thanks for the memories!
04-20-2023, 04:22 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Very depictive shots of that place!
I lived for a time in Dallas, and visited frequently for business and also for a close friend who practices there.
I have learned to avoid the place if at all possible--as I also avoid San Francisco, though both places attract a lot of cameras.
You got some really good shots of the place.
Glad you were able to get those in spite of the frenetic pace of the place!
Angky
Angky, I really appreciate your comments. I did not get much time for photography, other than volleyball, on this trip. Fortunately, the hotel had a rooftop swimming pool and a small viewing area. When my granddaughter went up to swim, I took my camera to get some shots with the Sigma 17-50 and went down to get the 55-300PLM for more shots. The night shots were from the 10th floor room window and the street shots were taken when we left on the way to the parking lot.

---------- Post added 04-20-23 at 04:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I love your set of pictures.

When I drove on the highway south of the city in 2017, I never dared stop and tour the town (I remember seeing the metallic tower though). I prefer natural areas like National or State Parks and I "flee" big agglomerations.

Best Regards
Thank you, Richard. I'm glad that you liked the photographs of the Dallas area. I avoid places like Dallas as much as possible and don't even visit Little Rock very often. We go to these places to watch and support our granddaughter at Volleyball tournaments. On to Memphis this weekend.

---------- Post added 04-20-23 at 04:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
The metallic tower is called Reunion Tower with a revolving restaurant. Nice shooting. I used to live midway between Dallas and Ft. Worth, and also tried to avoid both if i could! But there are also nice lakes, parks and woods in the surrounding areas, and that's where most of my photos were taken.
Thank you, Paul. I did not know the name of the tower, but figured that it had a revolving restaurant based on observation. Just a few days in Dallas traffic was enough for me. Thanks for the information. Maybe we can go to those surrounding areas, next trip.

---------- Post added 04-20-23 at 04:41 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by que es tu Quote
Nice photos! I grew up outside of Dallas, TX. The only things I still recognize are Reunion Tower and the Pegasus on the Mobil building! Thanks for the memories!
Thank you for viewing and commenting. I'm glad you recognized some things in the city. It certainly has grown. I did not realize it, but the Renaissance Hotel that we stayed in is 40 years old. It's hard to imagine.
04-20-2023, 07:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very sharp, detailed series of shots with excellent colour.

04-21-2023, 06:46 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A very sharp, detailed series of shots with excellent colour.
Thanks very much. Some of the shots that I took from the top of the hotel had too much haze. I worked on the cleaner shots.
Mike
04-23-2023, 08:42 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First class series, buddy! Impressive shooting - you covered a lot of ground.

Jer
04-23-2023, 10:20 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Jer. Not a place you can get around very easily. Most of the shots were at or near. The hotel or close to the Volleyball arena Glad you liked them.