Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
From 2006 : My Pentax 67 II and "Isle aux Pins", Mauricie Nat'l Park, QC
Camera: Canon A640 Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: 1/10s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 04-24-2023, 12:10 PM

I had trekked to the belvedere giving a splendid view on "Isle aux Pins" in Mauricie Nat'l Park, loaded like a mule with photo equipment. I shot a close-up of my Pentax 67 II + P67 75 mm f/2.8 AL lens supported by my Manfrotto tripod. Then I concentrated on the vast Wapizagonke Lake scenery visible from the belvedere. Going down the 250 meter trail among rocks and tree roots was a hassle, going back up was a "crazy endeavor" ... Canon compact.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A620  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot A620  Photo 

Views: 246
04-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Despite the hardships, you certainly got a splendid shot of the lake and isle. Great shorelines on both sides, good colors and great water reflections. That's a big camera, Richard.
04-24-2023, 07:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Two beautiful pics. That lake is quite something, surrounded by dense forest...and the island.

Your Pentax 6X7 and lens...both look new.

I rented a 6X7 bac in the mid '80's...with the 90 mm F 2.8 leaf shutter lens. Ihad it for a weekend and ran quite a few rolls of film through it. Wonderful camera. Thought about buying one, but it was not within my budget. I did but a medium format camera and lenses a few years later. A Mamiya 220 Pro F, TLR, 6 X 6...with 80 normal, 65 wide angle and 180 telephoto lenses.
04-25-2023, 05:36 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

This is one of the most beautiful natural sites in the whole province of Quebec. On that particular occasion, I got down the trail to the belvedere and there was this elderly Native gentleman sitting there, enjoying the view and, I am sure, relating to his Ancestors. I did not dare interrupt his meditation or even talk to him but it created a unique memory in my mind. When I visit such sites, I too relate to the absolute beauty of the natural world.
My Pentax 67 II still looks like new today. I stopped using it years ago but I am not "hard" towards my equipment.

Best Regards

04-25-2023, 05:17 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful equipment and beautiful shot of the lake.
I would like to get my 6x7 into the nature, but it's so heavy that I don't carry it very easily anymore.
And the $$$ for film & processing are not minor either.
Thanks for your reminder of the fun of those old days.
Angky.
04-26-2023, 05:18 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks !

Indeed, I stopped using argentic cameras many years ago. I still have "bricks" of frozen film downstairs and I hope to use them someday but digital photography is so much simpler ...

Regards