Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Buttercup Pastures
Lens: Takumar 2.8 105mm Camera: KP Photo Location: Seagrove, NC ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: mahanpots, 04-26-2023, 05:37 PM

I spotted a hawk flying into this scene as I drove by. I stoppped and got a couple of shots of the hawk, but this photo is the one I wanted to share as the hawk was too far away. The owner of the property stopped along the road and asked me what I was doing "with that thing," my camera. I said, "taking pictures." His wife was glaring at me like I was doing something absolutely awful. "What are you going to do with them?" the husband asked, accusingly. I looked puzzled. The wife continued to glare. The husband said, "okay" and drove away, as did I.

Spoiled a beautiful experience. I'm thinking I might print a picture and take it to them.

Attached Images

Views: 323
04-26-2023, 08:17 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That was a weird encounter with the land owner. Maybe there's something illegal behind that fence?😊. Glad you were able to get your photos and leave unscathed. That dense growth of butter cups, fence and wooded background made a nice scene that you captured very well. Stay safe. Carrying a camera around can be dangerous!
04-27-2023, 06:18 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
That was a weird encounter with the land owner. Maybe there's something illegal behind that fence?😊. Glad you were able to get your photos and leave unscathed. That dense growth of butter cups, fence and wooded background made a nice scene that you captured very well. Stay safe. Carrying a camera around can be dangerous!
Very unfriendly people. The place was a paradise...or so I thought. Thanks for responding.
04-28-2023, 04:53 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a very nice photo of a beautiful scene. I have stopped and taken similar photos and have not had anyone confront me, so far. I guess there are some paranoid people out there.