Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
From 2018 : Some sort of Yucca plant in bloom, Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, CALIFORNIA
Camera: Canon G3X Photo Location: California ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 04-30-2023, 08:08 AM

While driving back from the Keys View parking lot in Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, I saw a strange plant I didn't know, flowering atop a rocky ridge. I parked and hiked up the hill on a particularly difficult path and I found this sort of Yucca plant with beautiful blooming stems.

Captured with a Canon G3X with ND filter in place, 1/200 sec @ f/5.6.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G3 X  Photo 

Views: 442
04-30-2023, 08:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Those are some terrific blooms. We have a lot of varieties of yucca around here in Texas, and I have not seen any with blooms this nice. I have a red yucca in my yard, but the deer eat the bloom stalks off as soon as they are a foot tall.
04-30-2023, 12:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is a beautiful array of flowers on that clump of Yucca plants. We have Yucca plants in our yard but none that flamboyant. The blooms are very pretty against the blue sky. Nice capture, Richard.
05-01-2023, 07:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you !

All I'm sure of is that it is a Yucca plant.

Regards

05-01-2023, 06:44 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
These blooms are much richer than the blooms i was used to seeing in Southern Cal further to the west.
Angky