Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Fifties Era Racing MG . . . . . .
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Seabrook, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-07-2023, 06:21 AM

. . . . that was driven by Carroll Shelby back in the day.

Yesterday, for the first time since 2019, I attended the Keels and Wheels Concours at Houston's Lakewood Yacht Club. While not a huge affair, it's a genuinely upscale event (40 bucks a ticket) that features some really special cars. This year, I went with three other guys, none of whom are photographers, so I didn't have the leisure to spend time shooting that I normally take at such events. Anyway, I did the best I could.

This particular car is a true piece of automotive history.

Jer

Views: 376
05-07-2023, 06:27 AM   #2
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Appreciate the context of the show, and you capturing and sharing this sweeeeeet ride
05-07-2023, 07:39 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice. That is a special car.
05-07-2023, 09:04 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Old but a nice piece of machinery

05-07-2023, 12:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A great piece of racing history. I wonder what class of racing this car was in when Shelby drove it. Nice capture.
05-07-2023, 12:44 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I am a photographer and I say, the heck with the cars, I am impressed with the image you produced. I am and always will be in love with that awesome, British Racing Green.

What a great capture, very sharp, incredibly colorful, well composed and the exposure characteristics are amazing. Proud of ya, dude. Excellent work here, Senor. )

Tony
05-08-2023, 02:47 AM   #7
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A friend of my grandfather had one back in the 1950s - a supercharged MG TC. At full bore he said the engine sounded like canvas being ripped (except much louder, I guess). Lovely image.

05-08-2023, 06:37 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MSL Quote
Appreciate the context of the show, and you capturing and sharing this sweeeeeet ride
Thanks very much - I'm glade you enjoyed the pic!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Very nice. That is a special car.
Thank you!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Old but a nice piece of machinery
And a historical piece of machinery. I always think of Shelby as the guy that built the Cobra and the Ford GTs that helped the Deuce get his win over Ferrari at LeMans. But he was a racer first - I know he had to stop racing owing to a medical condition, but I've long forgotten the details.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
A great piece of racing history. I wonder what class of racing this car was in when Shelby drove it. Nice capture.
Thanks, Mike.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Well, I am a photographer and I say, the heck with the cars, I am impressed with the image you produced. I am and always will be in love with that awesome, British Racing Green.

What a great capture, very sharp, incredibly colorful, well composed and the exposure characteristics are amazing. Proud of ya, dude. Excellent work here, Senor. )

Tony
I appreciate such kind words, buddy.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
A friend of my grandfather had one back in the 1950s - a supercharged MG TC. At full bore he said the engine sounded like canvas being ripped (except much louder, I guess). Lovely image.
Thank you for the nice words and confirmation that this is a TC - I thought it might be, but wasn't sure. I got some shots of TDs, as well. I'll probably post them later.

Jer
05-09-2023, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #9
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
confirmation that this is a TC
I am no expert. The bodies were much the same except that the TD had steel wheels and the TC had wire wheels. That was what I went on.