Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
A Couple of Fast Fords
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Lakewood Yacht Club 
Posted By: Sailor, 05-08-2023, 07:00 AM

Here is a pair of shots of a bright, street-legal Ford GT along with a picture of a racing GT40. The small pic sizes I've posted here don't do the cars justice - if you'd like to see larger versions, simply click on a pic and enlarge 'em on Flickr.

Jer

Views: 374
05-08-2023, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful cars. I'll take one of each...as long as I don't have to pay for them. Nice shots
05-08-2023, 12:22 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A couple of fantastic Ford GTs. I remember when they released the street version. They look great in your photos.
05-08-2023, 03:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Now they are two very good looking vehicles and worth drooling over.

05-08-2023, 04:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are very, very amazing and beautiful American sports cars. As an aside, I was on another site earlier and a member posted a photo of a Ferrari race car in action somewhere in the U.K.

Another member asked how miles to the gallon (litre) it gets and he replied approximately 12. The cost GBP 12, which converts to $15.15 USD. So a twenty gallon tank would be over $300.00 to

fill er' up. No worries mate, a bridge too far for me. Again, great photography and many thanks for sharing.

Tony
05-09-2023, 07:06 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Beautiful cars. I'll take one of each...as long as I don't have to pay for them. Nice shots
Thanks much!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
A couple of fantastic Ford GTs. I remember when they released the street version. They look great in your photos.
I appreciate the kind words, Mike.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Now they are two very good looking vehicles and worth drooling over.
And drool I did!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Those are very, very amazing and beautiful American sports cars. As an aside, I was on another site earlier and a member posted a photo of a Ferrari race car in action somewhere in the U.K.

Another member asked how miles to the gallon (litre) it gets and he replied approximately 12. The cost GBP 12, which converts to $15.15 USD. So a twenty gallon tank would be over $300.00 to

fill er' up. No worries mate, a bridge too far for me. Again, great photography and many thanks for sharing.

Tony
Thanks, my friend!

Jer
05-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice shots.

It’s amazing that the GT 40, which is nearing its 60th birthday, does not look out of place. Even today, except for the Dan Gurney “Bump”

Tony
If you can afford one of these, I am not sure the cost to fill up the tank is much of an issue

05-10-2023, 04:21 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Very nice shots.

It’s amazing that the GT 40, which is nearing its 60th birthday, does not look out of place. Even today, except for the Dan Gurney “Bump”

If you can afford one of these, I am not sure the cost to fill up the tank is much of an issue
Regarding the GT40, I thought the same thing when I saw it at the Concours. Regarding MPG, you're spot on - the other costs of ownership of these cars (especially actually buying one) will dwarf MPG, particularly since these cars won't be used daily. No body is going to park one of these in the grocery store parking lot . . . . . . . . . . except maybe in Palo Alto.

Jer
05-10-2023, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Regarding the GT40, I thought the same thing when I saw it at the Concours. Regarding MPG, you're spot on - the other costs of ownership of these cars (especially actually buying one) will dwarf MPG, particularly since these cars won't be used daily. No body is going to park one of these in the grocery store parking lot . . . . . . . . . . except maybe in Palo Alto.

Jer

I seem to recall seeing one of these, or perhaps both in San Clemente. Oh yeah, now I got it, my Aunt had one. ))

TT
05-11-2023, 07:43 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I seem to recall seeing one of these, or perhaps both in San Clemente. Oh yeah, now I got it, my Aunt had one. ))

TT
Hey, buddy - when it comes to aunts, you know how to pick 'em. My aunts all drove old Dodges.

Jer
05-11-2023, 01:23 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
snip…….No body is going to park one of these in the grocery store parking lot . . . . . . . . . . except maybe in Palo Alto.

Jer
Where do you put the groceries