Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  
Petit Jean State Park, Cedar Falls Trail
Posted By: MikeNArk, 05-10-2023, 02:01 PM

Recently, we visited Petit Jean State Park after recent rains to view Cedar Falls. In the summertime the waterfall is only a trickle, so we decided to go after recent rains. The trail to the falls is moderate to difficult. Coming back from the falls is the most difficult as the last 1/2 mile of the 2 mile round round trip is climbing back up out.
Views: 453
05-13-2023, 09:58 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Great shots!
The first one--of the waterfall--I really like. Very well composed to my eye.
And the huge boulder with a little trees (ash trees?) around it is greatly appealing as well.
Angky
Thank you again, Angky. That first shot was my favorite of the many that I took. To me, it shows how much erosion over can occur overtime from a relatively small stream. There is a man made lake further upstream which may have affected this process. In summer, there is very little flow over these falls. Glad you liked the boulder. This park is full of them. Many much larger than this one.