Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Birds of Black Canyon Lake
Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Black Canyon Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 05-14-2023, 06:05 AM

Some were taken with the Pentax D FA 150-450 and some with the Pentax DA* 60-250 with a Pentax 1.4X teleconverter. There are Brewer's Blackbirds, American Robins, Mallard Duck and what Merlin tells me is a Northern Flicker. Some were shot from a kayak

Views: 486
05-14-2023, 08:18 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent bird shots. I like the sheen on the sheen and yellow eye of the black bird and the beautiful shot of the duck in flight. All are very good shots and that does look like a young Northern Flicker, a striking bird when mature.
05-14-2023, 11:51 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Excellent bird shots. I like the sheen on the sheen and yellow eye of the black bird and the beautiful shot of the duck in flight. All are very good shots and that does look like a young Northern Flicker, a striking bird when mature.
Thanks Mike. I had never seen or at least paid attention to that blackbird. They were everywhere this trip and would allow me to get fairly close.