Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
One Anthurium Plant Flower.
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA 28~80mm Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Sherwood, Oregon ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Tonytee, 05-22-2023, 11:53 PM

Manual Priority Mode With Spot Metering. F/L @80mm.

Thanks very much for viewing.

Tony

Views: 344
05-23-2023, 01:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A nice capture, Tony. The blooms red colors fade to brown, perhaps showing its age. Good detail in an interesting image.
05-23-2023, 02:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A beautiful image, Tony. Not to be a spoilsport, but the large red structure isn't a flower, it's a modified leaf. The actual flowers are the tiny bumps on the spadix, the cylindrical structure jutting up from it. Anthuriums can be, as this one is, quite spectacular!
05-23-2023, 09:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
A nice capture, Tony. The blooms red colors fade to brown, perhaps showing its age. Good detail in an interesting image.
I thank you very much, Mike.

Tony

---------- Post added 05-23-23 at 09:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
A beautiful image, Tony. Not to be a spoilsport, but the large red structure isn't a flower, it's a modified leaf. The actual flowers are the tiny bumps on the spadix, the cylindrical structure jutting up from it. Anthuriums can be, as this one is, quite spectacular!
You could never be a spoilsport. I continue to be a pea brained ultra senior citizen and would forget my head if it wasn't tied on. Thanks for the reminder and for your

awesome review.

Tony

05-24-2023, 01:33 AM   #5
Pentaxian

We should use AI to include the names of flowers and animals/insects in the EXIF of our pictures...

I took several pictures of that flower but I had no idea what its name was.
Now I know.

And really nice shot.
05-24-2023, 05:06 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice shot Tony. The muted lighting really enhances its beautiful red color.
05-24-2023, 12:29 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alpha-Delta Quote
We should use AI to include the names of flowers and animals/insects in the EXIF of our pictures...

I took several pictures of that flower but I had no idea what its name was.
Now I know.

And really nice shot.

What a great idea. Unfortunately I believe even advanced science at my stage of reverse development, would be useless.

Many thanks for your kind words.

Tony

---------- Post added 05-24-23 at 12:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice shot Tony. The muted lighting really enhances its beautiful red color.
Thank you very much. I felt the same way and I agree it is a very nice image. However, the credit goes to the gear, not me.

Tony