Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Shades of Green On Green
Lens: SMC Pentax-DFA Macro f:2.8 100mm WR Camera: K-1 ii Photo Location: Northwestern California ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: angkymac, 05-23-2023, 06:53 PM

I'm just an old guy returning to childhood with this image.
And I found once again the delight of exploring in a dense tangle of forest-land greenery, just as I once did when first learning photography and forest biology.
This image intends to emulate the discovery process of a "naturalist" who is 'feeling' and experiencing botanical environments.
The little forb (or phorb)--which name I've long neglected to recall--imposes itself as a very bottom story plant under moist canopies.
Here it has welcomed itself into a patch of thimbleberries (Rubus parviflorus) in a creek-side setting in the coastal redwood forest I was finally able to visit this past weekend.
What a delight I found this past weekend in returning to my long-ago formerly favorite kind of photography (except in those days it was B&W in shades of gray).

Ah...forgot to explain the 'feeling' part that I also, once again, experienced!
Mosquitos chewing welts into the back of my neck while trying to focus a macro paper-thin shot of a slight leaf in a light breeze!
'Feeling!!!!'
Angky

[/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2oCp5qd]_IMG0558_ForbsOverThimbleberry_20230521[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/194322828@N02/]Angky MacLeod[/url], on Flickr" target="_blank">
Views: 311
05-23-2023, 09:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I rather like the 2 tones of green giving a slight contrast, well spotted.
05-23-2023, 10:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I rather like the 2 tones of green giving a slight contrast, well spotted.

These green superimposed on green tones are so frequent in nature that I think they must be something of value just naturally.
I'm glad you appreciated the slight contrast very gently presented by nature.
Thanks!
Angky
05-24-2023, 03:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We, old guys, seem to be the only ones seeing this beauty ! Well done, my friend.

Best Regards

05-24-2023, 04:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good eye Angky. I really like these kinds of images that show the variety and beauty of plant life on the forest floor.
05-24-2023, 07:48 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a nice shot - composition and color shades. Very well done.

Jer
05-24-2023, 07:59 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The differing shades of green and patterns in the overlay make a very attractive image. Well seen and presented, Angky. Maybe us older guys have the wisdom to enjoy nature.

05-24-2023, 08:10 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
We, old guys, seem to be the only ones seeing this beauty ! Well done, my friend.

Best Regards
Thank you, Richard.
I'm glad you (and I) are "old enough" to appreciate this subtle beauty when it appears.
Angky

---------- Post added 05-24-23 at 08:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Good eye Angky. I really like these kinds of images that show the variety and beauty of plant life on the forest floor.
Appreciate your note, Todd.
Have also seen how you tend to show the same kinds of images that my eye seems to be drawn to as well.
Glad you liked it!
Angky

---------- Post added 05-24-23 at 08:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a nice shot - composition and color shades. Very well done.

Jer
Thank you, Jer!
These are a bit different shade of green than your car, but I'll bet they would fit right in very nicely.
In fact, I recall one shot you had of it against some green trees--really was eye catching. Would go well here, too.
Glad you liked these!
Angky

---------- Post added 05-24-23 at 08:15 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The differing shades of green and patterns in the overlay make a very attractive image. Well seen and presented, Angky. Maybe us older guys have the wisdom to enjoy nature.
Like Richard said, Mike, us older guys have some kind of value here.
I have to wonder if all the other colors in our retinas have burnt out, leaving only the greens!!!
Glad you liked the shades and patterns.
Angky