Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Are you my Daddy?
Camera: Pixel 7 Pro 
Posted By: gatorguy, 05-29-2023, 03:27 AM

I had just arrived at my hiking spot and opened the truck door to notice this guy a couple hundred feet up the trail. And here he came...
Daddy? Is that you?

He stayed on my shoe for a good minute just looking up before he decided a little higher up the leg might be nice too. Ok, fun time over. Nope, I'm not your daddy, so scoot lil' fella.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 7 Pro  Photo 

Views: 311
05-29-2023, 08:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In daylight, Gator? Strange. Still, an amazing capture!

That little'un's daddy might be living under my shed, getting fat on cat food crumbs.
05-29-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great title. Fun image.
05-29-2023, 08:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
In daylight, Gator? Strange. Still, an amazing capture!

That little'un's daddy might be living under my shed, getting fat on cat food crumbs.
Well, at daybreak, just as the sun had come up. It must be the shoes because an hour later two raccoons surprised me from behind, stopped and looked at me for a few seconds from only 2-3 feet back, then continued ahead before disappearing into the brush. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My wife calls me Dr.Dolittle.

When I'm filling the bird feeders it's not unusual for birds to land a feeder over. Last month I had one land for a moment on the top of a newspaper I was reading! (Yup, I still buy the Sunday paper, old habits). Two or three months ago I had two armadillos walk up in front of me at two different times during the same hike.

Weird.

Last edited by gatorguy; 05-29-2023 at 08:27 AM.
05-29-2023, 11:20 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Right, blame it on the shoes, must be something you stepped in...

Haven't seen a raccoon hereabouts since we trapped one in the backyard a few years ago, turned her over to a wildlife trapper-guy to release out in the 'glades. We got a discount for doing the trapping ourselves, our trap and bait (hint, marshmallows and strawberry syrup; worked a treat, had her in the trap less than half an hour after setting it). But I imagine there are still at least a few around.
05-29-2023, 11:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those little opossum are cute. Occasionally one will come out of the woods up our driveway. Raccoons are frequent visitors here and they occasionally clean out our open bird feeders. Good shot.
05-29-2023, 07:43 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You have a very interesting image with an equally interesting story!
Great shot to come away with.
Angky

05-29-2023, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Well, at daybreak, just as the sun had come up. It must be the shoes because an hour later two raccoons surprised me from behind, stopped and looked at me for a few seconds from only 2-3 feet back, then continued ahead before disappearing into the brush. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. My wife calls me Dr.Dolittle.

When I'm filling the bird feeders it's not unusual for birds to land a feeder over. Last month I had one land for a moment on the top of a newspaper I was reading! (Yup, I still buy the Sunday paper, old habits). Two or three months ago I had two armadillos walk up in front of me at two different times during the same hike.

Weird.
Great image, amazing stories, Gator!

In Oct 2022 I was on a tour with a photography guy - just him and me. We stopped at a place with huge graniite boulders, and almost half a dozen little pademelons hopping about. My guide sat down on the ground for some eye level shots, and this female pademelon, with a joey in her pouch, hopped right up to him and just looked at him for a good 15-20 seconds.