Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Taiwan trip - part one
Posted By: roentarre, 03-17-2007, 08:47 PM

Only 2 days into my trip - got a few shots already

Will try to locate where Darren is...

Da 14 - Finally I got to use this a lot - sharp wide open!

Fa 77 ltd 1/4000s f/2.8 at 77.0mm iso200 full exif

A bit of PP to make it less boring hehe

1/500s f/2.4 at 77.0mm iso200 full exif

Outside Taiwan University in an Orchid festival

Fa 31 1/45s f/2.4 at 31.0mm iso400 full exif

Quick Hawker meal

Construction site

Morning Dew

A*200 macro

1/45s f/5.6 at 200.0mm iso400 full exif

A 50 f1.2

Da 14 wide open

Fa 77

Da 14

Outside my glass window! A* 200 macro

Deep fried desert...

Have to run to a shopping spree
Views: 2,621
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #16
and
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
a great collection of shots, I especially liked the 50 1.2 shots, I havent really seen the use for this lens before but now I feel like having one myself

Also, the two first temple shots are great, I wanted to ask you where exactly that temple was in case I get a chance to visit it...

03-20-2007, 05:38 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Oh my gosh! You got a ton of food shots there! I've eaten breakfast already, it's 10:00AM and I'm hungry again! ARGH!!

Thanks for the update regarding the pig dish. Doesn't discourage me to try it one bit. Hook me up with some of those sausages too! Got any roasted pigs (lechon, as what filipinos call it?)

*tummy grumbles*
I had been busy planning my trips to some natural wonders here - very difficult as I do not have a transport handy. I need to watch out cons and rely on the dodgy train service...

Rain has been quite heavy here and I already put one few kilos!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Thanks James for all these shots. Looks like you are having a good time. My sister visits Taiwan fairly frequently and say the worst thing about going there is she comes back 2 kilos heavier! I can now see the reason why. It also looks like the DA 14 just might find it's way onto my LBA list. There is something wrong, the more lenses I buy the longer the list gets! So thanks for helping me add to it....I think

NaCl(it's more fun when I blame others for my LBA, that way it's not my fault!)H2O
Salty, I just buy them when I have the urge but I never spent money on anything else except food. I still managed to have saving each month

Oh yeah, Da 14 is very handy to have especially at night!

QuoteOriginally posted by Scott Rylance Quote
Hi James...looks like you're having a good time on your trip. A great series of photos you've posted. Look forward to seeing some more.
Cheers.
Hehe Scott. Thanks.

I will post some of my newer shots from last 2 days in a seperate post. This thread is taking up a bit too much space

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
Heh! It's me saying thanks James, for the pictures and for knowing the lens found a good home. Enjoy your trip!
Jonas, this lens is really a performer. I had never had so much fun with a manual focus lens. p.s. I never had a lens delivered to me so fast!

QuoteOriginally posted by kjask Quote
wow, james! you made really excelent photos.. You have great eye!! Thanks for sharing! And thanks again for delicious food photos!
kjask, you are too kind. Your photos are more crafty and artistic
03-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #18

The colors there are simply mind-blowing! Beautiful captures!
03-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Great series, you got some excellent atmospheric shots here. That green bug shot made me laugh, I'm not sure who was more scared, you or the bug. ROFL