Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Macro experiment
Posted By: Eaglerapids, 01-03-2009, 08:06 AM

I bought a M42 Novoflex bellows unit in 07 and immediately wanted to also want to mount k-mount lenses to it which can't be done but in a moment of unusual clarity of mind I came upon the idea of getting a screw mount to 49mm reversing ring. I ordered it and it has come in. I then took this series of pics and converted them to jpgs but have hesitated posting them because I'm a bit disappointed after the conversion, the dng files look much better but I've tried some unusual things (at least I've not seen it tried before) so I'll share them.
I'm a flytyer so I thought "Let's take a look at some peacock herl". I've probably taken more fish on patterns containing peacock herl than any other flytying material.
First up is a far away shot with the Viv Series 1 105/2.5:

Ok, let's move in a bit, same lens:

Now, the 77Ltd with all three extension tubes-62mm?, I think

Now back to the Viv at 1:1:

The interesting part, the 77Ltd reversed on the bellows unit at full extension:

Same setup and probably my favorite:

Again, the full files look a lot better, I think 72ppi just doesn't do the photos justice but these should give some indication of the magnification attainable, although I have no idea what that is:-).
Views: 2,217