Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
A Bit of Forgotten Lawn
Lens: DA 20-40mm Ltd Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Neighbor's Garden-Sac. ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: angkymac, 07-10-2023, 10:04 AM

Early morning walk--I'm trying to train my eyes to see things that normally I would not notice.
This seemed like a good shot--to look at something that normally is forgotten--as these rocks have been at the corner of a lawn and flower-bed.
Angky

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 256
07-10-2023, 10:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those are nice rocks for a garden border. One is is smooth as if taken from a creek or river bed and all have a rusty appearance with maybe indicate some iron content. They have great contrast with the ground cover and make a bright pretty image. I think you eyes are already trained to find these things. Good catch and nice image, Angky.
07-10-2023, 05:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Early morning walk--I'm trying to train my eyes to see things that normally I would not notice.
This seemed like a good shot--to look at something that normally is forgotten--as these rocks have been at the corner of a lawn and flower-bed.
Angky
I agree with your logic and I-also like the photo.
07-10-2023, 09:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Those are nice rocks for a garden border. One is is smooth as if taken from a creek or river bed and all have a rusty appearance with maybe indicate some iron content. They have great contrast with the ground cover and make a bright pretty image. I think you eyes are already trained to find these things. Good catch and nice image, Angky.
Well, my eyes need to continue looking for such things--learning to see more and more.
It's good to look for things that are surprisingly nice--helps keep one's spirits up.
Thanks for the note.
Angky
Oh! Forgot one point-- I think the rusty red color--being also in the foliage--has a lot to do with the color of the very early morning sunlight on that morning
When I get those color changes from the atmosphere, I don't like to color-balance very much since it seems like sort of appropriate atmosphere.
But there might be also some iron in the rocks--never really thought of that.

---------- Post added 07-10-23 at 09:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
I agree with your logic and I-also like the photo.
Thank you!
I had some notion that you might appreciate the image, since you have quite a few interesting garden shots yourself.
Angky.

07-11-2023, 05:49 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I like this shot with the contrast of the bright green foliage to the earthiness of the boulders. It looks like they are slowly enveloping the boulders and will someday make them disappear.
07-11-2023, 01:48 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I like this shot with the contrast of the bright green foliage to the earthiness of the boulders. It looks like they are slowly enveloping the boulders and will someday make them disappear.
Yes, I think they might hide the stones pretty soon, since this area of the lawn has mostly been neglected (out of the way), and this greenery is very fast-growing.
Thanks for your note of encouragement.
Angky