Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Eagle Launch at Dogtown
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 08-29-2023, 05:16 PM

This is the entire sequence from the previous post. Suddenly my signal got much better. I cropped the one I posted earlier. What initially drew me to this was seeing two white spots in a tree. I thought it would be nice to get shots of two eagles right next to each other. Then one took off.
















Views: 219
08-29-2023, 07:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Kiddo70's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,572
David - Thatís a gorgeous series, undoubtedly your best yet on Bald Eagles.
08-30-2023, 03:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,324
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiddo70 Quote
David - That’s a gorgeous series, undoubtedly your best yet on Bald Eagles.
Thanks Kiddo. I think it is too.
08-30-2023, 03:55 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Posts: 12,960
Great launch series of that eagle taking flight. It is an exceptional series of shots. Well done, David.

08-30-2023, 03:55 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: montecatini terme tuscany
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,510
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
This is the entire sequence from the previous post. Suddenly my signal got much better. I cropped the one I posted earlier. What initially drew me to this was seeing two white spots in a tree. I thought it would be nice to get shots of two eagles right next to each other. Then one took off.















Fantastic Bald Eagles launch and flight series, J wonder if they are just single shots.
Thank you very much for posting David.
Loris.
08-30-2023, 04:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,324
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Great launch series of that eagle taking flight. It is an exceptional series of shots. Well done, David.
Thanks Mike. I believe I have wall hangers in there.


QuoteOriginally posted by loris nerozzi Quote
Fantastic Bald Eagles launch and flight series, J wonder if they are just single shots.Thank you very much for posting David.Loris.
Thanks Loris. They were shot with continuous focus, high continuous shooting and center weighted exposure.
08-30-2023, 05:02 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,523
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
This is the entire sequence from the previous post. Suddenly my signal got much better. I cropped the one I posted earlier. What initially drew me to this was seeing two white spots in a tree. I thought it would be nice to get shots of two eagles right next to each other. Then one took off.















You hit a home run with the Eagle pictures also. Well done.

08-30-2023, 09:46 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2019
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,068
It's a good thing that you got out there on that lake right away.
Couldn't do much to improve the opportunities those eagles gave you--and you captured!
Angky
08-31-2023, 01:42 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 1,324
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
You hit a home run with the Eagle pictures also. Well done.
Thanks Rhanz.


QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
It's a good thing that you got out there on that lake right away.Couldn't do much to improve the opportunities those eagles gave you--and you captured!Angky
Thanks Angky
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, david, flickr, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Juvenile Bald Eagle at Dogtown Lake phx.david Post Your Photos! 3 06-13-2023 05:15 AM
Nature Bald Eagle at Dogtown phx.david Post Your Photos! 7 07-26-2022 09:52 AM
Nature No trip to Dogtown Lake is complete without a Bald Eagle shot phx.david Post Your Photos! 6 09-23-2021 05:58 PM
Landscape Eagle River in Eagle River Valley, Alaska GRB Post Your Photos! 5 12-02-2019 12:28 PM
Nature Bald Eagle visiting the Eagle enclosure GRB Post Your Photos! 2 11-15-2019 11:16 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top