Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
A couple of recent shots - first forum engagement
Camera: PENTAX K-5 II Photo Location: Tripoli, Libya 
Posted By: Almakhzanji, 09-18-2023, 02:04 PM

Hey Pentax Forums community!

I'm excited to be here and share my first post showcasing a couple of recent shots taken with my trusty PENTAX K-5 II. I've been a long-time admirer of the talent and knowledge in this community, and I'm eager to engage and learn from you all. All of these shots were taken in my home city, Tripoli, in Libya.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Views: 293
09-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I believe that this is a nice set of introductory shots You show some shots of the city structures, current activities and a pair of nice landscape shot. I particularly like the last night shot. By the way, what is in the second shot?
09-19-2023, 01:08 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I believe that this is a nice set of introductory shots You show some shots of the city structures, current activities and a pair of nice landscape shot. I particularly like the last night shot. By the way, what is in the second shot?
Thank you @MikeNArk for your note, much appreciated.

As for the second picture, it is a snap of stacked boats in Tripoli harborů I like busy photos as I tend to get lost in their details, and the common Orange theme of lured me in.
09-19-2023, 01:21 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Almakhzanji Quote
I'm excited to be here and share my first post
Welcome to the forums, and a great intro post too. Lovely pictures

09-19-2023, 03:18 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yessir, welcome to this awesome site and let me say how sad we are here to learn of the recent tragedy that has occurred in your country. Hard to believe how quickly so many lives can be lost

because of weather. A very nice series of well constructed images. Many thanks for sharing.

Tony
09-20-2023, 10:35 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terrific series! Thanks for sharing!
09-20-2023, 03:01 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Almakhzanji Quote
Hey Pentax Forums community!

I'm excited to be here and share my first post showcasing a couple of recent shots taken with my trusty PENTAX K-5 II. I've been a long-time admirer of the talent and knowledge in this community, and I'm eager to engage and learn from you all. All of these shots were taken in my home city, Tripoli, in Libya.
Number one shot, is really a great original multi color abstract photo, umbrellas they make the difference as main subject, on my opinion of course.
Great interesting urban photos and many thanks for sharing. Very sorry for what recently happened in you country, unfortunately sometimes nature is relentless given climate changes.
Loris.

09-24-2023, 02:32 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your heartwarming welcoming. Very happy to be here and to contribute to this community.
09-24-2023, 02:36 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Yessir, welcome to this awesome site and let me say how sad we are here to learn of the recent tragedy that has occurred in your country. Hard to believe how quickly so many lives can be lost

because of weather. A very nice series of well constructed images. Many thanks for sharing.

Tony
Thank you deeply for your kind words. We also extend our heartfelt wishes for a swift recovery to our fellow brothers and sisters in Derna amidst this calamity, and our hearts ache for their losses.
09-24-2023, 02:39 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loris nerozzi Quote
Number one shot, is really a great original multi color abstract photo, umbrellas they make the difference as main subject, on my opinion of course.
Great interesting urban photos and many thanks for sharing. Very sorry for what recently happened in you country, unfortunately sometimes nature is relentless given climate changes.
Loris.
Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated.
And thank you for your sentiment. No one thought that this would ever happen.