Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Holyoke MA. St. Pat's Day Parade (many pictures)
Posted By: vievetrick, 03-18-2007, 05:53 PM

For two years now I have marched in the parade and it is always a blast. Last year it was with the DS and the 16-45 this year the K10 and again my favorite lens the 16-45 was back in action. Most parade shots are of floats and the marchers. I always shot as marcher to the people. Everyone is always willing to smile. We had a mere 13 inches of snow Friday but the city got it cleaned up in time for one of the second biggest St. Pats day parades in the USA. Holyoke St Patricks Parade - Home . These are not all that artistic but just want to share my part of the world with you all. Hope you enjoy them and comments always welcomed.

I know sky is blown out but what is a St.Pats day parade pictures without some bag pippers.

abida abida abida thats all folks!!!

Views: 1,485
03-18-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pat,

Make sure to ALWAYS post up shots from your St. Patricks Day parades! This was fun to look through!

Thanks for sharing!
03-19-2007, 02:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

A great series. I can feel the passion from these people through these shots
03-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys it was fun and already looking forward to next year.

03-19-2007, 06:06 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Luck of the Irish!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
For two years now I have marched in the parade and it is always a blast. Last year it was with the DS and the 16-45 this year the K10 and again my favorite lens the 16-45 was back in action. Most parade shots are of floats and the marchers. I always shot as marcher to the people. Everyone is always willing to smile. We had a mere 13 inches of snow Friday but the city got it cleaned up in time for one of the second biggest St. Pats day parades in the USA. Holyoke St Patricks Parade - Home . These are not all that artistic but just want to share my part of the world with you all. Hope you enjoy them and comments always welcomed.
Hi Pat, looks like you had a lovely parade! Didn't get downtown this year, was too busy shoveling snow I don't know what it is but it always seems to be cold and blustery on March 17th, the days before and after can be nice early spring days, but the 17th always seems to be unseasonably cold. In any event wonderful pics and the spectators seem to be enjoying themselves immensely.

NaCl(at least it didn't snow ON St. Patrick's Day)H2O
03-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
Veteran Member

OMG! I used to march in the Holyoke St. Patricks Parade in my high school band, then after graduation was one of the crazy people sitting on the sidelines freezing and having a great time! Thanks for bringing back so many wonderful memories.
03-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, small world. I think no matter how cold it is with enough anti-freeze (aka-adult beverages) anyone would do it. I did get a shot or two (pun intended) from inside Pal Joey's of things that help keep us warm.

onboard flash only hence the shadow.