Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shiny on the Salt Flats (Glam Model)
Posted By: Warped, 01-07-2009, 04:59 PM

Hi All,

A bit of a forced break due to illness put me out of action for a bit, but back in the New Year and ready to go now.

First shoot of 09 for me was with the always lovely Rach. This was Rach's first time trying latex and she was a real trooper - hot day, windy, out in public in a black catsuit can't be easy!!

Credits:
Model Rach ModelMayhem.com - Rach C - Model - Perth, Western Australia
Make-up by Mel ModelMayhem.com - Melanie Verbunt - Makeup Artist - Perth, Western Australia
Latex supplied by flesh rubber in Perth Western Australia

Equipment:
Pentax K100D set to Aperture priority and F16 with Circ Polariser
Medium sized round silver reflector used to fill a few shadows
Shot around 4pm WDST and it's summer for us Southerners - was 33 Degrees C that day but by the time the sea breeze had kicked in it wasn't "too bad" out there (says the guy that was in shorts, T-shirt and runners).

Views: 2,365
01-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Another amazing series of images along the same theme. Very interesting outfit.
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Latex is truly a underemphasise prop,great job(Now Im forced to check my blood pressure)

cheers
01-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Shooting shiny black on a bright day man that is a tough shoot...great job....

01-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments folks

@ E. S Charlie - The Silver reflector was invaluable on the day, it was held only just out of shot and reasonably close to Rach to fill in shadow and help show the shine.

On a day like that one, fill flash did nothing or just helped one tiny spot, really needed the reflector to cover more area and pray the spot metering picked the right spot I wanted.

Normally I'd shoot in full manual but gave Av priority a go this time around so I could change position, angle and distance from the model and not have to re-check setting each move. The reflector holders (nneded two people to hold it steady in the wind we had) really got a work-out staying in close and getting the light where I wanted it!
01-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

If you weren't so far away, I'd volunteer to hold the reflector.

Another great series.

Ray
01-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Great work, glad to see you out of the studio.
Glad you're better as well.
01-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Great work, glad to see you out of the studio.
Glad you're better as well.

Stupid gall-stone thingy played up and feeling heaps better now - going to get it whipped out soon and be done with it.

Did a few "out of the studio" shoots of late, one on location in a club and one natural light outdoors shoot, will post some of those soon.

01-08-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Warped Quote
Stupid gall-stone thingy played up and feeling heaps better now - going to get it whipped out soon and be done with it.

Did a few "out of the studio" shoots of late, one on location in a club and one natural light outdoors shoot, will post some of those soon.
Great shots, given the contrast!

Good luck with the whipping out. At least you do not seem to have a latex allergy...