Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Aquascaping Photography
Lens: 100mm FA 2.8 Camera: K-30 
Posted By: Michael Barker, 11-17-2023, 05:28 AM

Let's see your aquascaping photos! You could say they belong under Still Life, Nature, Architecture, etc, all at the same time...

These are photos of my own aquascape - as such, I'm responsible for the lighting, the plant growth, the trimming, arrangement of rocks and stones, etc. The closer you get to the glass, the more you must be perpendicular to it, if you want to avoid its distortion. And light from above reflects from each side of the glass back into the aquarium (depending on the angle). There are so many interesting challenges when it comes to aquascaping photography!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 160
11-17-2023, 06:23 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! Your aquascape is fascinating with so much to see.
11-17-2023, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice hobby. You have created a good aquascape. A landscape in small scale. Essentially you have brought nature indoors.
11-17-2023, 01:37 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks! Yes, I hope it looks like a natural underwater scene and a good habitat for fish and shrimp. This is the trend in aquascaping the last few years and part of what drew me to it.