Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Photos from the Crystal Bridges Museum
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Crystal Bridges Museum ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 11-26-2023, 02:05 PM

Visiting my daughters and grandkids in NW Arkansas, we decided to go to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville. Some shots.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 236
11-26-2023, 05:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a cool place, Mike. I'd love to spend some time there. A great series - and I especially like the the second one.

Jer
11-26-2023, 05:25 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool! (I can do without the spider, thanks). Do I spy a Chihuly or two?
11-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a cool place, Mike. I'd love to spend some time there. A great series - and I especially like the the second one.

Jer
Thank you, Jer. One cool thing about the place is that admission is free except for some special exhibits. It has both indoor and outdoor exhibits. The silver tree is cool.

---------- Post added 11-26-23 at 07:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Cool! (I can do without the spider, thanks). Do I spy a Chihuly or two?
Thank you, Julie. In answer to you question, yes there are some Chihuly being exhibited there including the one overhead. I may have a shot of some more. I'll look. I think some are exhibited on the trails.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 01-02-2024 at 08:54 PM.
11-27-2023, 04:45 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote

Thank you, Julie. In answer to you question, yes there are some Chihuly being exhibited there including the one overhead. I may have a shot of some more. I'll look. I think some are exhibited on the trails.
Welcome, Mike! No need to excavate...if you happen to run across another, I'd love to see it, but don't fret about it. A few years ago Chihuly did a huge exhibition at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden...it was amazing! So popular that he did a second one a year or two later, and some pieces became permanent parts of the garden.
11-27-2023, 12:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very interesting art collection.
We have the "Mamon" (first picture) installed here in Ottawa too.

Thanks for sharing.
11-27-2023, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Visiting my daughters and grandkids in NW Arkansas, we decided to go to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Bentonville. Some shots.
I’m surprised that they allowed you to photograph. Some years ago, when my Mother had a wall hanging displayed at a local art museum, she asked me to photograph her and the wall hanging, with enough context to indicate where it was. As I was setting up {camera and flash - certainly no tripod}, an officious docent came by to inform us that no photography was allowed within the museum - without permission of the artist, she did say - so I had to run around and find a museum official to say this most certainly did meet the ‘with permission of the artist’ exception.

11-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I’m surprised that they allowed you to photograph. Some years ago, when my Mother had a wall hanging displayed at a local art museum, she asked me to photograph her and the wall hanging, with enough context to indicate where it was. As I was setting up {camera and flash - certainly no tripod}, an officious docent came by to inform us that no photography was allowed within the museum - without permission of the artist, she did say - so I had to run around and find a museum official to say this most certainly did meet the ‘with permission of the artist’ exception.
Thanks for commenting. No one seemed to be concerned with me photographing. I guess, with the advent of smart phones with cameras, controlling what is photographed would be difficult in any case. I did not use flash or a tripod. There was a pretty large crowd at the museum when we went.
11-27-2023, 01:20 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Thanks for commenting. No one seemed to be concerned with me photographing. I guess, with the advent of smart phones with cameras, controlling what is photographed would be difficult in any case. I did not use flash or a tripod. There was a pretty large crowd at the museum when we went.
People here comment and comment about phone cameras, but I have found that they make our cameras stand out less.
11-27-2023, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was in Paris a few years back and was at the Musée d'Orsay. I tried to take a photo of a nice painting and was scolded for doing so.
Meanwhile, People were allowed to take pictures freely at the Louvre. Go figures.
11-27-2023, 04:24 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
I was in Paris a few years back and was at the Musée d'Orsay. I tried to take a photo of a nice painting and was scolded for doing so.
Meanwhile, People were allowed to take pictures freely at the Louvre. Go figures.
Thanks for commenting. The Crystal Brides Museum doesn't even charge for admission. Most places that I have been don't allow flash photography, but I did not notice any signs here. I hope you enjoyed the images.