Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Winter scene on the Rideau River
Lens: A 45-80mm Camera: 645Z Photo Location: Ottawa ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: swip, 12-07-2023, 03:29 PM

Snow covered trees along the Rideau River.
After a few dull and grey snowy days, the sun finally came out yesterday.
Picture taken from a bridge.


Views: 217
12-07-2023, 04:03 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2023
Photos: Albums
Posts: 746
the kind of scene you see on a christmas card. Well done
12-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Conway, Arkansas
Posts: 14,693
Terrific image. As said, something you might imagine on a Christmas card. Such a pretty scene, well composed and captured with excellent detail and colors.
12-07-2023, 05:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 846
Very pretty scene!

12-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2019
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,866
A very welcome break in the weather worked perfectly for this image.
Angky
12-07-2023, 07:52 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,636
Very pretty scene indeed!
12-08-2023, 08:56 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
swip's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,810
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by betchern0t Quote
the kind of scene you see on a christmas card. Well done
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Terrific image. As said, something you might imagine on a Christmas card. Such a pretty scene, well composed and captured with excellent detail and colors.
QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Very pretty scene!
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
A very welcome break in the weather worked perfectly for this image.
Angky
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Very pretty scene indeed!
Thank you, everyone.

12-08-2023, 10:24 AM   #8
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: People's Republic of America
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,885
That is a beautiful scene. Very serene.
12-08-2023, 03:43 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,048
Really nice, we don't get snow except maybe one or two days in odd years so it always looks beautiful to us, just rain and storms off the Atlantic, I noticed in Siberia where they are used to the cold in some places its gone down to -58C, that's roughly -72F, I'll settle for the storms.
12-09-2023, 11:47 AM   #10
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter
FozzFoster's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Alberta
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,790
QuoteOriginally posted by swip Quote
Snow covered trees along the Rideau River.
After a few dull and grey snowy days, the sun finally came out yesterday.
Picture taken from a bridge.
lovely picture! I absolutely love rivers. This looks a lot like northern Alberta to me. Beautiful
12-09-2023, 06:58 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
swip's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,810
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
That is a beautiful scene. Very serene.
Thank you, Christian

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
Really nice, we don't get snow except maybe one or two days in odd years so it always looks beautiful to us, just rain and storms off the Atlantic, I noticed in Siberia where they are used to the cold in some places its gone down to -58C, that's roughly -72F, I'll settle for the storms.
Thank you PenPusher. Luckily we never get that cold here. The coldest day would be around -30C in the deep of winter.

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
lovely picture! I absolutely love rivers. This looks a lot like northern Alberta to me. Beautiful
Thank you, FozzFoster.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, rideau, rideau river., river, snow, tree, white, winter, winter scene
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Landscape Rideau river falls bobbotron Post Your Photos! 2 10-05-2019 04:53 AM
Cityscape Rideau river locks by the Chateau Laurier bobbotron Post Your Photos! 3 06-29-2018 06:17 AM
Night Rideau falls bobbotron Post Your Photos! 8 02-04-2016 11:12 PM
Rideau Canal Gooshin Post Your Photos! 7 01-29-2008 03:09 PM
Rideau Canal, and a sunset on the Ottawa river TheCubanSpy Post Your Photos! 3 02-24-2007 08:53 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top