Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
my new lens arrived
Posted By: shoey, 10-20-2006, 04:11 AM

well, today I got my first lens for my 3 wk old K100D ~ a manual focus Pentax-M 50mm f1.7

so naturally, the first thing i try is portraits. At night, the advantage of being able to shoot near wide open is that cats eyes pupils are also at wide open, and not needing to use flash means their pupils dont shrink

Full size

5 minutes later my gf shot this one. and now i am so jealous!

Full Size

Last edited by shoey; 10-20-2006 at 04:28 AM.
Views: 1,831
10-20-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shoey Quote
At night, the advantage of being able to shoot near wide open is that cats eyes pupils are also at wide open, and not needing to use flash means their pupils dont shrink
Hm, maybe this doesn't qualify as wide open, but when you mentioned that I immediately thought of this photo of one of my menagerie.

She came along to "help" me as I photographed some fossils, which I'd inconveniently had to set up on the floor. She was poking around, I rolled onto my back to tell her to shove off, and she sat on my legs. This was taken with a 90mm macro, curling my head up off the floor. You can see the reflection of the flash in her eye, but her pupil seems pretty big to me. She was totally unimpressed by it all and refused to move, even after I took several pictures!

I'd love to get some natural light ones like yours, though - those are really wonderful. When are you going to get your girlfriend a camera??

Julie
10-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #3

Original Poster
thx fox ^^

very sharp shot of menagerie : ) i've always wanted a macro shot of my cat's eye, but found it hard since he turns away if he feels the camera is poking too close& invading his space, and I dont have a true macro lens