Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Up the Salt River from Saguaro Lake
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Saguaro Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 03-02-2024, 03:28 PM

I did a big trip (for me) up the Salt River with the new to me touring kayak. Ended up being 15 miles. I wanted to see how I felt in it for a longer trip before I go to Alamo Lake next week. Most of the birds I saw were on the return trip when it was getting windy and choppy. I saw some bald eagles and I'm pretty sure it was an osprey, but no luck on the shots. But, I did manage to get a cardinal on a saguaro cactus and some other shots. I did see something I've never seen before, about 15 blue herons all hanging out in the same tree. It was too far to get any shots and it would have been through some reeds.

Views: 214
03-02-2024, 03:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve never seen a starburst on the bill of a Common Gallinule before. Excellent work on both the scenics and the wildlife.
03-02-2024, 03:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another adventure and good photos. Its a marvel how the Cardinal sits atop the cactus in the first shot. Very nice varied photos David.
03-02-2024, 06:57 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The bird shots that you captured are all excellent and unique. The cardinal shots on the cactus are special. Good variety and beautiful shots. How did you feel after 15 miles in the kayak?

03-03-2024, 05:22 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiddo70 Quote
I’ve never seen a starburst on the bill of a Common Gallinule before. Excellent work on both the scenics and the wildlife.
Thanks Kiddo!

QuoteOriginally posted by Dennisleica1 Quote
Another adventure and good photos. Its a marvel how the Cardinal sits atop the cactus in the first shot. Very nice varied photos David.
Thanks Dennis!

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The bird shots that you captured are all excellent and unique. The cardinal shots on the cactus are special. Good variety and beautiful shots. How did you feel after 15 miles in the kayak?
Thanks Mike! I felt pretty spent yesterday, just a little sore today.
03-03-2024, 04:05 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
I did a big trip (for me) up the Salt River with the new to me touring kayak. Ended up being 15 miles. I wanted to see how I felt in it for a longer trip before I go to Alamo Lake next week. Most of the birds I saw were on the return trip when it was getting windy and choppy. I saw some bald eagles and I'm pretty sure it was an osprey, but no luck on the shots. But, I did manage to get a cardinal on a saguaro cactus and some other shots. I did see something I've never seen before, about 15 blue herons all hanging out in the same tree. It was too far to get any shots and it would have been through some reeds.

Outstanding wildlife photography and thanks for posting those beautiful pictures.
03-04-2024, 05:53 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
Outstanding wildlife photography and thanks for posting those beautiful pictures.
Thank you!

03-04-2024, 03:23 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
"I’ve never seen a starburst on the bill of a Common Gallinule before."
I agree with Kiddo! Surprised me!
The cardinal on the saguaro was great, and I liked the second shot where he looked like a corkscrew-- bent in the middle, and head twisted round.
Angky
03-04-2024, 03:33 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote

Superb wildlife serie shots, I'd like in particular both the Cardinal on top of the cactus.
Many thanks for posting.
Loris.
03-05-2024, 05:01 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by loris nerozzi Quote
Superb wildlife serie shots, I'd like in particular both the Cardinal on top of the cactus.Many thanks for posting.Loris.
Thanks Loris!