Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Photo Gallery-Accepted
Posted By: Wethphotography, 03-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Wow, Pentax just accepted several of my images. Very cool.
If interested, http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/index-flash.jsp?#
search Artist for Erl Houston.

I submitted about 20 images, so I will happily accept a 25% acceptance rate.
I encourage everyone to try submitting--it is quite a rush to get something accepted.
Views: 1,959
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's great news, Erl! I'm browsing through right now - you've got some nice photos!
03-20-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

All are nice but I especially like "Morning Reflection"
03-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Erl:
Congratulations . . . some really nice shots. I also like Morning Reflection . . . can almost picture myself sitting there.
You are right, it is a great feeling when they accept your work . . .

03-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
Inactive Account

erl,

congrats for the pictures who are accepted

regards Walter

ps did you saw mine pictures too?
03-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congratulations and a commend you on the very awesome pics that you've had accepted. I too have recently gotten myself on the gallery, search for Chris Warkocki
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Quick question.. about to submit some photos and the FAQ says photos should only be 600 pixels high.. but all the photo's I've viewed on the site are much larger. What size are you guys submiting?

Oh, and congrats on getting your photos accepted!

John

03-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats, nice photos.
03-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Quick question.. about to submit some photos and the FAQ says photos should only be 600 pixels high.. but all the photo's I've viewed on the site are much larger. What size are you guys submiting?

Oh, and congrats on getting your photos accepted!

John
I initially submitted all mine at 600 pixels, but about half were rejected for being too small!? So I emailed pentax and they responded not to worry about size (I know how that sounds ) that their program would resize automatically. So I submitted my JPG files bigger than 600 and everything went well. In short, do not worry about the size and best wishes.
03-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

It's easy to see why 'they' accepted those images. They're all very beautiful and the last one is a killer shot. Congrats!
03-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. Being strictly an amateur I have never really had someone pick and choose from my images. It is both humbling and intriguing. In reviewing all the fabulous photographs on the gallery, I have been pondering what criteria they are using to select images. I remember, Dave, I believe, in another post, wondering if his type of work would be of interest to the Gallery. Fortunately and appropriately it was.
Perhaps in addition to speculating about lens release dates, future sensor sizes, and medium format DSLRs, we can discuss the gallery's criteria.
Being serious again, the caliber of work on the gallery is awesome and inspiring; I have to commend Pentax on this project. A creative marketing tool, too. I wonder for how long they will be accepting submissions?
If anyone hasn't submitted and has been thinking about it, I would encourage you to give it try.
03-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What PENTAX wants is 600 pixels on the high (vertical) side, if it's smaller than that it will be rejected. If it is larger they will down size it to 600 pixels on the high (vertical) side. If they downsize it for you, you will loose some detail. I process my images at the requested size and submit them at 96 dpi.
Sofar they accepted 20 and declined 15