Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Sometimes...
Posted By: Bob Wallace, 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Sometimes you just have to be there. Others make the picture.

Care to give me some critical feedback?

(Bago, Myanmar)
Views: 2,340
03-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is interesting Bob. a little soft but I like it,
03-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Second try at looking but I keep getting the forbidden link message.
03-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I can't see a thing either - there's simply nothing there.

03-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I think it works now. The link appeared to have had an error in it. I loaded the properties for the image and went to the google image itself. Seems to work now???? Hope you don't mind if I did actually fix it for you Bob!

She's cute - slightly out of focus, but great expression. Almost the "did he REALLY see me do that?" look!!
03-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GLThorne Quote
I think it works now. The link had an error in it. Hope you don't mind if I fixed it for you Bob!
No I still don't see the picture. I've made 3 visits so far.
03-21-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Here it is. It appears that with the link, if the imiage is viewed and stored as a temp on your system, it will load when the thread is opened.

Bob - I've saved to my Flickr account as a private picture so only I see. Let me know when you get a moment to fix the link and I'll remove. Hope you don't mind as it seems people wanted to see these little angels!!

Last edited by GLThorne; 03-21-2007 at 09:46 AM.
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Very nice! Sorry I can't offer any valuable critique, this is something I have to learn to do so I can be a little more selective with my own pictures but I think you're in the right direction with this. The one thing that I do like about it is the DOF you've chosen, it allows us to see the facial expression of the the child in the background but it doesn't take anything away from the focus of the first child. Now I wonder what it is that they're looking at?
03-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
I think it works now. The link appeared to have had an error in it. I loaded the properties for the image and went to the google image itself. Seems to work now???? Hope you don't mind if I did actually fix it for you Bob!

She's cute - slightly out of focus, but great expression. Almost the "did he REALLY see me do that?" look!!
Thanks Greg. I don't know what the problem is with the link. When I previewed prior to posting it showed. And it displayed initially on this site. Pat B (first reply) was able to view it.

What might have happened is beyond me.

Anyone else using Picasa for storage/linking? Anyone had a link work and then not work?

Last edited by Bob Wallace; 03-21-2007 at 11:16 AM. Reason: info added
03-21-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photochop Quote
Very nice! Sorry I can't offer any valuable critique, this is something I have to learn to do so I can be a little more selective with my own pictures but I think you're in the right direction with this. The one thing that I do like about it is the DOF you've chosen, it allows us to see the facial expression of the the child in the background but it doesn't take anything away from the focus of the first child. Now I wonder what it is that they're looking at?
Can't tell you what the girl on the left it looking at, but it clearly amuses her.

What I liked about this shot (and it's a simple snap - I did blow the focus a bit) is the difference between the expressions of the two girls. The first one is amused by something outside the frame and the other girl, in muted background, seems to be contemplating her. I liked the somber, almost lost in the background, observer.
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Didn't see that the first time I looked at it but I do now. I like that double look/meaning as well!!
03-21-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster

slightly out of focus,
This is the sort of feedback that I find helpful. I have a great tendency to look at one of my photographs and not see the flaws. I get caught up in the aspect(s) that I like and overlook things.

Thanks.
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Well that was worth waiting for. Never mind the slight oof, the colours are very rich and you caught a lovely expression. She looks like she's up to something! I see what you mean about the second child, although I see her as looking at whatever the foreground kid is looking at and being a little more doubtful about it. Nice juxtaposition, whatever the case. I like photos that can have more than one story to them.

Julie
03-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Anytime Bob. By no means an expert and we all have our days. This is one of the best sites I've been on for friendly advise and pat's on the back!!

I think we all tend to miss/see things in our pictures that others don't. It's good to have others bring out flaws and at the same time pump up the good. That's how we grow. I know I've grown in my ability since I've been at THIS forum!!
03-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #15

That is a wonderful shot! I love the little girl (in the green dress) kinda standing off to the back and willing to let the dominant guilty face take the blame for whatever has happened- at least, that's what I see (I don't actually think that's what took place ).

Thanks for sharing the pic with us Bob Wallace, and thanks for posting so we could all see it, GLThorne!