Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Yang Ming Cherry Blossom
Posted By: roentarre, 03-20-2007, 05:52 PM

In the drizzling rain, I managed to capture some of spring cherry in Yang Ming NP.

I almost used all my primes in this visit

Hope you like these photos in my trip of northern Taiwan

A 200 macro

Fa 77

Fa 43

Not cherry here oops

Views: 3,492
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
More Spring flowers :)

I had one umbrella in one hand and the camera in the other. SR really works out for me

A 50 1.2

Fa 43

Last edited by roentarre; 03-20-2007 at 06:12 PM.
03-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Your flowers are amazing and I really like how your compos and DOF make me feel like reaching in and gently touching the petals of beauty.
03-20-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
Your flowers are amazing and I really like how your compos and DOF make me feel like reaching in and gently touching the petals of beauty.
I have not taken floral photos for some time. A good opportunity to exercise some macro shooting

You are always kind, Clarence.

I love Floral photos with pleasing bokeh. From this exercise yesterday, I really learned some more bokeh rendering abilities of various primes that I owned.

Some more floral photos

I like the bokeh of this one

A 200 macro

Fa 77 ltd

Fa 43 ltd

03-20-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Veteran Member

All of them are beautiful Roe, I think the 1st one of the second batch is bang on and there's something very appealing about the last one. Great work!
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photochop Quote
All of them are beautiful Roe, I think the 1st one of the second batch is bang on and there's something very appealing about the last one. Great work!
That was taken with A 50 1.2! Seriously I am so pleased with that lens. I wonder why it is not called A* at all?

I hope taking too many floral shots would not make me feminine

I think I am trying to show the Taiwanese cherry shots different from Japanese or Canadian cherry flowers using various backdrop bokeh...

P.S. pentax forum has been quite busy lately. So many people on line at one time!! Adam is making this site successful!
03-21-2007, 12:27 AM   #7
Veteran Member

first photo is wonderful: lovely subdued colours, subtle composition. To me, it has a feminine quality that is attractive.

03-21-2007, 12:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

great shots, James! You really know to play with dof and composition... thanks for sharing!
03-21-2007, 02:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

James - man, can you ever play with your lenses! There was a bridge shot and a couple waterfall shots that I really liked. The bridge and the waterfall were part of the bokeh, but just out of focus enough to make the entire shot pleasing! Great work!
03-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member

All are very nicely done, but I like #3 the best, for some odd reason. I like the stark contrast between the, bright, dropped petal against the dark rock. Very nice!

I also like #4 in the second post. Did you place that or was it natural? Either way, I think it worked with the background!!
03-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
That was taken with A 50 1.2! Seriously I am so pleased with that lens. I wonder why it is not called A* at all?
I don't have the A, but I seriously enjoy using my K 50 1.2, I actually like it better than the FA 50 1.2 even tho it is a fully manual lens.

QuoteQuote:
I hope taking too many floral shots would not make me feminine
Nah! never happen! Don't you know that the naked sex organs of plants are the "in" thing right now?

NaCl(Flowers are hawt!)H2O
03-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Wow wish I could add something but everyone has said it all. Great shots. Still lots of snow on the ground here but temps climbing to 60 buy the end of the week.
03-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kjask Quote
great shots, James! You really know to play with dof and composition... thanks for sharing!
Thanks again, kjask. Spring is coming in europe yet? Sure you will post your floral shots from there

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
James - man, can you ever play with your lenses! There was a bridge shot and a couple waterfall shots that I really liked. The bridge and the waterfall were part of the bokeh, but just out of focus enough to make the entire shot pleasing! Great work!
Thanks Avlin. It shows the fact that you are more in favour of orient asthetic values. I like styles like that

QuoteOriginally posted by GLThorne Quote
All are very nicely done, but I like #3 the best, for some odd reason. I like the stark contrast between the, bright, dropped petal against the dark rock. Very nice!

I also like #4 in the second post. Did you place that or was it natural? Either way, I think it worked with the background!!
That flower happened to be there Thanks for your appraisal, Greg.

The third shot took me a while to get it as exposure has been quite difficult in that setting to get right. The leaf went with the river flow very quickly after I took 4 or 5 shots

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nah! never happen! Don't you know that the naked sex organs of plants are the "in" thing right now?

NaCl(Flowers are hawt!)H2O
Maybe that is why you are in love with Orchids? In Greek, it refers to the ...

(Hope you are not offended )

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Wow wish I could add something but everyone has said it all. Great shots. Still lots of snow on the ground here but temps climbing to 60 buy the end of the week.
Thank you, Pat. When the spring comes, sure many of you will post heaps of floral shots to entertain the rest of us in winter
03-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations. great series of the shots. The bridge shot is my favourite.
Thanks for posting.
Grant