Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Guess what's been sitting at the post office.....
Posted By: Photochop, 03-20-2007, 06:28 PM

...since March 14th! Yep, the Zenitar FE! It's sort of a bittersweet moment for me knowing that I could've had it before I went on my trip but I'm happy that it's finally here. I wonder why they didn't deliver it to my doorstep like everything else....things that make you go hmmmm.

Well, here are some obligatory not so special shots I got from the "Z" lens on the way home.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/428729004_e67e5a2463_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/154/428728991_bb28f9751d_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/178/428728989_420a6550c7_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/428729000_94ac823b38_o.jpg

Just some observations I made so far. The lens is very prone to flare so I always have to keep the sun/light in check. I find that the meter overexposes by 1 or 2 stops most of the time, perhaps this is user error...time will tell. Otherwise I find this lens to be a big bang for the buck and I'm very happy with it.
Views: 1,861
03-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the colors in that first one!! Looks to be VERY sharp as well!
03-21-2007, 04:17 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yea and hooray! V has been Z'd! Congratualtions on your new lens! Nice shots, like the first and the last especially. As far as the mail situation is concerned, look at it this way; now you have a perfectly valid reason to go back to Niagara Falls once it gets a bit warmer! One thing I have found using mine is that it's kinda soft at f2.8 but it is good by f5.6 and very sharp after that. And it's fun having a DOF a mile wide!

NaCl(congratulations, and have fun with it)H2O
03-21-2007, 04:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Great to see that you've finally got the Zenitar and you got some really nice shots!

I'm forgetting my landmarks...Canada Life building - That on Jarvis/Bloor? (it's what happens when one lives in the 'burbs)

03-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Greg I should have mentioned that these were all shot at f5.6, next outing will be at f8 if the light permits

Haha, the V has been Z'd! I should add that to my signature Thanks for the comments Oh and btw, your Z shot ban has been lifted

Alvin, are you a taxi driver?? You seem to know all locations far and wide! Yep, that's the Canada Life building but it's on University and Dundas. University is a really wide street with hardly any wires hanging...perfect for the Z.
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photochop Quote
Alvin, are you a taxi driver?? You seem to know all locations far and wide! Yep, that's the Canada Life building but it's on University and Dundas. University is a really wide street with hardly any wires hanging...perfect for the Z.
Hardly a taxi driver. I missed the street location by a mile! I think I was mixing the streets up with the Rogers Corporate offices though.

I live just outside of Toronto at Mississauga, but you might catch me driving anywhere from Scarborough to Buffalo. We should hook up one day and go "fishing" with our fisheyes!
03-21-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For a second there I though you really meant fishing with a fishing rod, I got a little excited We should hook up, in fact I think we should have a meet up with everyone in Ontario someday, that would be fun.

03-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #8

Congrads!

You have some great night scenes of the city. I'd love to see one of those with the fisheye...