Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Cheap Wine Glass - With Wine
Posted By: Sailor, 01-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Here's a B&W shot of one of our A&P wine glasses (containing my wife's evening libation) shot hand held and as close as the lens would allow with my K20D/DA 70: ISO 1600, 1/45s @ f/4. This sort of thing really should be done with a tripod so that the lens could be stopped down, but - in keeping with the "bargain" glass (I'm not talking about the lens) - this image was copped on the cheap. BTW, the wine comes from a box and tastes about like the glass looks - at least in my view.

Jer

Views: 4,251
01-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jer, I like the second B&W one the best, the higher contrast brings out the "highlights" of the wine.
My dad used to enjoy what he called "dago red". Came in a plastic screw top jug. I think I could have gotten better results with some grape juice, vinegar, and a splash of ethanol. But then again one of my favorites is hard cider, which most people think would be better employed in removing stains in the bathroom.

NaCl(no accounting for taste)H2O