Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Some Street Shots
Posted By: daacon, 01-18-2009, 07:52 AM

It has been so warm here this weekend (Sorry Eastern Canada but we had our share and will get another round or two!) I went out Saturday morning and tired my hand at some street shooting. I have done this before, but mostly buildings and signs (which I did again) however this time I tried a few more people shots.

Most of these were taken with the DA* 50-135 with the lens hood,hardly a discrete set up Any comments, feedback are appreciated.

Click on Image for larger view.

Views: 4,716
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots! I too like the first one. IMO, it looks like a picture that would be seen in a magazine whereas the others are basically day to day pics. As Peter Zack said, it captures what is normally ignored.

01-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I like the series but the comment above is exactly what I was thinking. It's the twist on real life. Normally the homeless are ignored and the faceless poor we walk by each day. In this shot the rich are the faceless (headless) ones and the focus is on the poor homeless guy. It's a great shot. Well captured Dave.
Thanks Peter - the more i look at it the more I like it indeed. Although to be truthfull that was more by luck than design as I tried to aim and shoot quickly.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Just what I'd say if I had Peter's eloquence, Dave. Really poignant stuff - a side of you I haven't seen.
I'm impressed (but I'll still pull your chain).
Jer
haha thanks Jer - there are soooooo many sides to me But Street photography interests me may try some more (the damn birds just move too fast !)

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
Nice shots! I too like the first one. IMO, it looks like a picture that would be seen in a magazine whereas the others are basically day to day pics. As Peter Zack said, it captures what is normally ignored.
Thanks Wildnksyo - appreacite the feedback. I do like the piper shot still - well I need more practice for sure.