Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
fOGGED IN
Posted By: Jimbo, 01-18-2009, 06:33 PM

The last week or so we have had really heavy fog. Decided to go out and see if there was anything worth shooting. Here are a few. I am going ot post a lager link to the last one in a few mintes as the compressed version does loose some detail. JIM

Last edited by Jimbo; 01-29-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Views: 2,830
01-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
FOGGY-BRIDGE.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

here is the link to the bridge. Enjoy. Still have a few mountain shots I am working on! Cheers JIM
01-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Love the reflection in #1 Jim... Nice work on all of 'em. The foggy version of the bridge is an interesting contrast to your classic super-clear b&w of that place, though even in the big version on photobucket I see jpeg compression artifacts.
01-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Love the reflection in #1 Jim... Nice work on all of 'em. The foggy version of the bridge is an interesting contrast to your classic super-clear b&w of that place, though even in the big version on photobucket I see jpeg compression artifacts
Agree. I looked at the photo again and in the 6 mg version it looks way different. I wonder if its the heavy fog? Anyway, looked interesting at the time but not as interesting as the B&W version I shot last month! Cheers JIM

01-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images Jim, looks like they are joining the last section. The last one looks much better on photobucket but I find the background distracting.
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Very nice images Jim, looks like they are joining the last section. The last one looks much better on photobucket but I find the background distracting.
It's almost too foggy Henrich. I waited around 20 minutes but it was getting worse so I took the shot. Thank you for commenting. JIM
01-18-2009, 08:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jim, these are beautiful fog shots. They have a real mood about them. Well done, Jim.

01-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a nice series. The first one is a knockout. Perfect shooting angle and nice mood. IMO you could make it slightly better with a crop to remove the post on the far left. But really it's a great shot as is. The bridge is hard to say. I like it and I don't. Leaning more to the "I like it". Going to have to go back and have a 3rd look
01-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Jim, these are beautiful fog shots. They have a real mood about them. Well done, Jim.
Thanks Bruce. you too have been posting some very nice photo's lately. fog pictures I find a little difficult. Had to manual focus some of these as it was difficult to get a good lock. The bridge picture had too much fog and the storng lighting wasn't helping! I will try this shot again under different conditions. There were a few others around but again too much fog. I find, like most shots, back lighting is much better. JIM
01-19-2009, 03:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Number one really pops. A good clarity of details.

Number four is really moody. Must be a hazardous condition you were in to take that shot!
01-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Neat stuff, Jim. As I've said before, I'm a real sucker for nautical images and these capture what it really feel like to be standing on the dock, peering into the gloom.

Really cool.

Jer
01-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Really nice series.
Well done
01-19-2009, 06:18 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I like them all, but 1 & 3 are very good.
01-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Number one really pops. A good clarity of details.

Number four is really moody. Must be a hazardous condition you were in to take that shot!
Thank James. I was on the shore at the time but I got a shot of a boater and there is no way I would be on the water in this weather. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Neat stuff, Jim. As I've said before, I'm a real sucker for nautical images and these capture what it really feel like to be standing on the dock, peering into the gloom.

Really cool.

Jer
Thanks Jer.. Cheers mate. JIM
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Really nice series.
Well done
Thank you dport. Appreciate you commenting. JIM
'
QuoteQuote:
I like them all, but 1 & 3 are very good.
I was tring to show how different angles can change the shot with the same lighting. Thank you for commenting. JIM