Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Men at work....?
Posted By: Rense, 01-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Have been thinking about a blog-series of "Men at work". That would mean 365 photos of working people, one year round. I could be fun for me, and I am sure I would learn much from it, because I am not a people shooter by any chance. But I think I am not brave enough for such project: it could be fun for me, but it must be boring for you . So, I'm still considering, but tried to do some first shots... Here's one of my first: the security guy at the front desk of our office building this evening, when I left. Auto Chinon 50mm 1.4, ISO 800, stopped down just a little at 1/20s, and a little pp.

Views: 2,141
01-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
But I think I am not brave enough for such project
Go for it. I have been working on such a collection myself - All in a Days Work. I'm not doing it religiously as you planned, but it is a thrill. Start with a long focal length, as you get more comfortable, work your way to shorter and shorter length. I got to shake the hand of CNN's John King because of this collection. My advise is not to take it too seriously. Good luck.
01-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Damn Brit

So if you go ahead with this idea (which is a good one I think) will you be doing Santa Clause for Dec 25th?
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Go for it Rense, it's a good idea and you have a fine start here.

01-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Go for it. I have been working on such a collection myself - All in a Days Work. I'm not doing it religiously as you planned, but it is a thrill. Start with a long focal length, as you get more comfortable, work your way to shorter and shorter length. I got to shake the hand of CNN's John King because of this collection. My advise is not to take it too seriously. Good luck.
Song, thank you for the ecouragement! You have a nice series there, it's about in the spirit what I was planning to do. And I will take your advises seriously.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
So if you go ahead with this idea (which is a good one I think) will you be doing Santa Clause for Dec 25th?
Gary, for Santa I have to go abroad, I think, because he's not so much of a Dutch fenomenon. But we have an equivalent: Sinterklaas (St. Nicolas), whoms nameday we celebrate at the 6th of December. Could be a somewhat more intelligent nephew of your Santa . So, maybe, when you're lucky, I will shoot him for you. Thanx for the comment!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Go for it Rense, it's a good idea and you have a fine start here.
Heinrich, thank you for your kind words and your encouragement.
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Go for it, sure. In my opinion this are the most gratifying pics you can take. Itīs a risk to shoot strangers in the street but sometimes you know very kind people that make you fell surprised and good. And no pic as the ones that tell the story of another person. GO!!!
01-21-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Yes you should Rense.

01-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Probably this will turn out to be a double post, I tried to send it a few seconds ago too....

QuoteOriginally posted by juanraortiz Quote
Go for it, sure. In my opinion this are the most gratifying pics you can take. Itīs a risk to shoot strangers in the street but sometimes you know very kind people that make you fell surprised and good. And no pic as the ones that tell the story of another person. GO!!!
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Yes you should Rense.
Well, both thank you for your motivating words, I think I have to give it a try at least....
I will start a new thread one of these days with photos of working people...