Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photos accepted for the Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted By: palmor, 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM

Got 7 photos accepted into the Gallery. I'm really just surprised to get any in but it's funny because I thought a couple of the declined ones where better then the accepted ones.

John

PENTAX Photo Gallery
Select "Artist" . . . scroll down to John Woolley.
Views: 3,180
03-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Congrats! "Eagle Lodge Maine" is a stunning photo!
03-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow really nice shots, I really enjoyed the butterfly one. COngratulations and I too believe some of mine that have been rejected were better than the accepted ones, but oh well.
03-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations. I especially liked:
"Eagle Harbor Maine" and Boston Harbor Sunset"
On further reflection "Just lying around" is a great shot...I felt muddy just looking at it.
I look forward to seeing more of your images.

03-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments everyone. I will say that having someone "accept" or "reject" your photos will really make me think about what I'm taking going forward. Just thinking to myself "will this be good enough for the Gallery".

Now I'm off to go through more old photo's to see what I'm missing

Thanks again
John

ps. To all that have photo's posted there I haven't seen one I didn't love. Its amazing the Gallery that is coming together.
03-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats John! Hope to see more posted there and here!
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Beauty is in the eye of beholder...so I'm told. I don't know which shots were rejected but maybe it has to do with the commonality with other photos that have been accepted. In any event, the photos that they did choose are great. I really like the lake shot and the sailboat. Congrats!

03-22-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Not sure if this was suppose to be the correct title for the goose, but I like "Taking a Gath"! Really like how the water ripple almost mimics the feather pattern.

I got an invite Monday and I'm still working on what I want to send. Fingers, toes, EYES will be crossed in hopes of getting something in!!

Last edited by GLThorne; 03-22-2007 at 08:51 AM.
03-22-2007, 08:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GLThorne Quote
Not sure if this was suppose to be the correct title for the goose, but I like "Taking a Gath"! Really like how the water ripple almost mimicks the feature pattern.

I got an invite Monday and I'm still working on what I want to send. Fingers, toes, EYES will be crossed in hopes of getting something in!!
Ack.. it was supposed to be Bath! Someone from Pentax posted on the other forum that if you edit a photo after its been accepted it has to be re-approved again.. so now I don't want to change the title.. lol
03-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same problem, and mine was re-approved...

QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
Ack.. it was supposed to be Bath! Someone from Pentax posted on the other forum that if you edit a photo after its been accepted it has to be re-approved again.. so now I don't want to change the title.. lol
FYI - I mispelled one of mine too.

In order better help it being re-approved, I detailed the reasons in the Notes section when editing the image, and specified that it was previously approved.

They can double-check my statement too. I am not saying you should do this, but it worked fine for me.

You can see my images - look for the Elk image - three of them in the mist. Two locking horns, and the other an onlooker, like a judge or ajudicator. I misspelled it to read "ajudictor" - doh.

Cheers,
Marc
03-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Beautiful Shots there Palmor..... all the best for more.....I'm brand new to photography,having just bought my first camera....K10d. Can't wait to learn how to work with the little magician........

Best Regards
03-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Curious about how long it took you to get approved or rejected. I submitted a couple the other day and still not heard or scene any change from ready for review status.

Congrats John!!
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by palmor Quote
I also had a typo in one of mine. I edited it and saved. The file then showed waiting for approval. However, the original stayed in the gallery. And by the end of the day, the photo with the edited text had been approved and the change showed up in the gallery.
Of course to be on the safe side you could do what Marc did and add an explanation in the notes section.

Vievetrick: It took about 5 days for mine to get approved.
03-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Thanks Erl
03-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It took a couple of days for them to get back to me. Oh great to see someone somewhat local, great Avatar!