Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A series of nature/landscape-pics from northern Norway
Posted By: Larsenio, 01-21-2009, 01:09 PM

Hello everybody.
I`m new in this forum and this of course then, is my first thread with a few of my photos of my world and what I want to be good at taking pictures of

Edit: Removed the pictures linked to other websites and uploaded instead

Attached Images

Last edited by Larsenio; 01-22-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Views: 7,850
01-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Larsenio,

Welcome to the Pentax Forum.

This is a nice series, I really like the last one.

Ray
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome and welcome! These images are something I long to see all the time. A lot of northern europe members these days! Great welcome!
01-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, guys
And thanks for your opinion of my pics!
Hopefully it`ll be nice to spend some time at this forum

Here are three more of my photos.

Well, think I`ll have to stop now

Attached Images

Last edited by Larsenio; 01-22-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Weather Norway
01-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #5

good, even I do not have pentax camera right now, I always come to see some pictures.
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let me first add my "Welcome to the forum" greetings here. These are all very nice compositions but the colours, all but the last one are way off. Now, if they are that way on purpose that is fine and is your choice but if it is accidental you will need to do some PP.
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments Heinrich

But I have to say that all of those photos are colour-adjusted in photoshop. This was intentional.
Actually all of them have their own personality and expression. Though I`m not quite as satisfied with the most pixelated image as the other ones.

01-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

Larsenio, the compositions are quite good and I had feeling that you were deliberately trying to exaggerate the colours. However, the second last image (in the second set) does not fit the pattern of the others and immediately becomes recognizable as overdone. The scene itself is very interesting and well composed. Try a BW.

JMR
01-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #9
Forum Member

Beautiful! A desolate sort of place I think I'd like to visit.

The second one reminds me of this picture (lithograph???) "The Sea Troll" by Kittelsen.

Scandanavian gothic!
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Larsenio, the compositions are quite good and I had feeling that you were deliberately trying to exaggerate the colours. However, the second last image (in the second set) does not fit the pattern of the others and immediately becomes recognizable as overdone. The scene itself is very interesting and well composed. Try a BW.

JMR
Thanks, JMR. And I agree, it`s completely overdone and doesn`t fit the pattern. But I saw that a bit late, when I added these photos, and shouldn`t have added It. Then again I don`t wish to just remove the picture because of this..
It would be wrong, I think.
Thanks for your comment

Knochelbiter: hehe, nice comparism That particular picture was one of my first photoshop-adjusted image. And for that reason it`s been overdone as I say above.
Like your troll, btw! Where I live, we call that "Havmannen" (roughly translated as "the man from the sea", or "seaman" in a scary way

Think I`ll try this picture in b&w. Sounds interesting!
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #11
JMR
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Larsenio Quote
Thanks, JMR. ... Thanks for your comment
Arsenio, don't know if you are aware, but you have dust spots (maybe water drops?) on that beautiful iceberg image. Can't tell with others. Give the sensor a clean. Or you can use that troll to shake the camera for you and call it Pentax's new shake-reduction feature- good only in Norway during sea storms!

JMR
01-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This is an attempt at making this above-mentioned image a little better, and perhaps interesting

Sing out:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
01-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Arsenio, don't know if you are aware, but you have dust spots (maybe water drops?) on that beautiful iceberg image. Can't tell with others. Give the sensor a clean. Or you can use that troll to shake the camera for you and call it Pentax's new shake-reduction feature- good only in Norway during sea storms!

JMR

Haha, yeah I know about those drops and actually have a version where I removed them, but my PC is a chaos so I didn`t find the right one
It`s just because It was a terrible weather where I sat when taking that picture, don`t need a lense-cleaning now
The troll is scary!
01-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll add my welcome; I enjoyed your series.

Jer
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot, nice to "hear"