Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

After Sunset Panorama
Posted By: Damn Brit, 01-22-2009, 11:39 PM

The sky was such a peaceful colour just after the sun went down.
5 exposures stitched together in Elements.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 01-23-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Views: 3,379
01-23-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Very nice, just like a painting!
Thanks Georg

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
I had to rub my defective 52 year old eyes when I first viewed your panorama, but then I clicked on view in a larger size and everything locked into place. What a gorgeous image! Gawan is right, it is very much like a painting but without the interfering brushstrokes. I could see this as a mural in a very posh restaurant, or on a museum wall. ...and I'm the guy who thinks flattery is poisoned honey. Superb work Gary.

Gee, thanks Jeff. Much appreciated.

01-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
JMR
Veteran Member

Very moody Gary. Almost went by it until I clicked larger image. Have you ever tried to elongate your image? In this case vertically. I think it would work beautifully on this image and still look realistic.

JMR
01-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Very moody Gary. Almost went by it until I clicked larger image. Have you ever tried to elongate your image? In this case vertically. I think it would work beautifully on this image and still look realistic.

JMR
Thanks JMR, no I've never tried but I'm up for something new. How would I go about doing something like that. I only have Elements at the moment. I will have Lightroom next month hopefully (I have it already but I'm waiting for a new computer.
01-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #19
JMR
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Thanks JMR, no I've never tried but I'm up for something new. How would I go about doing something like that. I only have Elements at the moment. I will have Lightroom next month hopefully (I have it already but I'm waiting for a new computer.
I also have Elements. Click image, resize, image size, uncheck 'constrain proportions. Go height box and double the height size or type in abt 1200. It will elongate height of your image and still look pretty good. Of course if you increase the height too much, the the image will distort and condense and give an unnatural look. There is another way, but I can't find it at the moment.

JMR

01-23-2009, 09:32 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice job Gary! Awesome colors and effect!
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #21
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I also have Elements. Click image, resize, image size, uncheck 'constrain proportions. Go height box and double the height size or type in abt 1200. It will elongate height of your image and still look pretty good. Of course if you increase the height too much, the the image will distort and condense and give an unnatural look. There is another way, but I can't find it at the moment.

JMR
Thanks for the response, I'll give it a try.

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
Nice job Gary! Awesome colors and effect!
Thanks mate.
01-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Brilliant pano, Gary. You have a million dollar view there.

01-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #23
Damn Brit

Thank Daz.

But there was a flaw in the stitching of the original. I should have pixel peeped originally but I didn't. When I attempted JMR's suggestion, the flaw became very apparent.

I have redone the pano and I have tried out JMR's suggestion (Thank You JMR) and I have gone a little further than JMR suggested.

Here's the link to the 'Next Generation'; https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/47867-after-sunset-panor...eneration.html

Last edited by Damn Brit; 01-24-2009 at 07:25 AM.